The Bomgar software that allows you to administer and configure your appliance is referred to as your “Base” software. It can also be referred to as firmware.
This latest release of Bomgar’s Base software, version 3.1.7, is certified for the Virtual Appliance only.
- Check For Updates Progress Bar enhancements (Note that these enhancements will not take effect until after Base 3.1.7 has been installed)
- The progress bar is shown immediately upon pressing the Download button
- The progress bar now shows download and installation progress. It will first show the percentage complete for the package being downloaded and then show more granular information the installation progress as it completes.
- The entire certificate chain for an installed SSL certificate is now displayed on the IP Address page(s)
- Added better diagnostic information to the SMTP relay configuration to help troubleshoot configuration errors
- Added automatic tabbing whenever a “.” is entered during Static Route configuration
- Text Changes
- Renamed “B300v” to “Virtual Appliance”
- “Security Patch” has now been changed to “Service Patch”.
- Resolved an issue where the Build Date on the Status page was not reflecting the correct time zone
- Removed the redundant “Local Time” label from the status page
- Resolved an issue with Check For Updates returning error messages that were not escaped
- Increased the Copyright year to 2010
- Resolved an issue where an IP that was deleted could still respond to traffic
- Resolved an issue where hostname changes would not take effect until the appliance was rebooted
- Resolved an issue with timeouts occurring when the download of a Bomgar package was slow
- Resolved an issue with Server Listen Port entries not being honored
- Resolved an issue where the default Bomgar site was not being set correctly on initial installations
- Resolved an issue where the SMTP relay feature was failing in certain scenarios
- Resolved an issue where interrupting a package downloads could cause installation problems
- Resolved an issue with Failover where an IP conflict could occur when a Primary site comes back online
Note that this version of Base includes Service Patch 8.