- This version of Bomgar has been certified for physical Bomgar appliances (B100, B200, B300 & B400) with Base software 3.2.8 or later.
- A certified version of Bomgar 12.1 will be available for virtual appliance customers soon.
Security & Compliance
- Elevated Access - The support rep has the ability to run tasks in an elevated context with higher permissions.
- Smart Card Support* - Support reps can pass their smart card credentials to the end user’s device in order to elevate the customer client or login to a remote device.
- Two Tier Customer Agreement - Separate customizable agreements for Click-To-Chat and full remote support sessions.
- Read Through Customer Agreement - Help improve compliance by requiring customers to acknowledge agreement terms before starting a support session.
- iOS™ Customer Client - Provide support to your mobile end users on their iPhone and iPads.
- iPad® Rep Invite - Allows invitations “to” and “from” the iPad Rep Console.
- iPad® Rep Console Dashboard* - Bomgar brings the existing Bomgar management dashboard performance tracking capabilities to the iPad Rep Console.
- iPhone® Rep Console - Provide secure, collaborative support from an iPhone.
- Android™ Phone Rep Console - Provide secure, collaborative support from Android-powered smartphones.
- Android™ Tablet Rep Console - Provide secure, collaborative support from Android-powered tablets.
- Extended Availability - Allows support reps to remain available for shared sessions when the Rep is not in the Rep Console.
- Rep Console
- Reps are now able to rename session tabs by double clicking.
- Enhanced Equilibrium so that session assignments alert reps upon transfers even if a rep is still in the session.
- Team names are now sorted alphabetically when pinning a Jump Client during a support session.
- Added tool tips for the Edit and Revoke buttons on the Bomgar Button Management Window.
- The “What’s This?” button now links to the Technical Documentation website.
- The password error dialogs throughout the Rep Console have been made more consistent.
- New images for the BlackBerry 9300, 9670, 9700, and 9900 have been added.
- Added the Ctrl-Alt-Del button in the tool bar under Screensharing.
- Added user ID to the get_api_info Command API action.
- A new “platform” parameter has been added to the start session API.
- Jump Clients now have a system tray menu option to “Detect Proxy Settings” whenever the client is disconnected. This option will also display the proxy credentials window when the Jump Client is behind an authenticating proxy, allowing the proxy credentials to be changed without reinstalling the Jump Client.
- SSL certificates signed with SHA256WITHRSA are now supported.
- Bomgar dialog boxes in Linux now appear at the center of the screen instead of the current mouse location.
A big thanks goes to our Early Adopters! With your help, the following resolved issues have also been included in this release.
- Administrative Interface
- Jump Client and Bomgar Button mass deployment installers are downloaded as a .zip file instead of a .dmg file when using Safari on Lion.
- Resolved an issue where the SupportSessionListing report could fail on sites with a very large number of sessions.
- Resolved an issue where Embassy Session Keys were not working correctly when generated via the API
- Resolved an issue where the presentation title is not showing on the download instruction page.
- Resolved an issue where sessions started via the “click here” link on the download instructions page were missing information.
- Resolved an issue where clicking on elevated task presents an inaccurate chat message.
- Resolved an issue causing an error message when attempting to reconnect to rep invite after losing connection.
- Resolved an issue preventing the Rep Console from uninstalling if the 64bit MSI installer was used.
- Resolved an issue with some Special Actions not appearing after a reboot.
- Resolved an issue where elevated Control Panel applications were not starting correctly.
- Resolved an issue with pasting characters into the Windows login screen.
- Resolved an issue with the Ctrl-Alt-Del special action not being available at the login screen on Windows XP with Fast User Switching enabled.
- Resolved an issue with the Best Performance screen sharing option.
- Resolved an issue with pasting characters on the Windows login screens.
- Resolved an issue where requesting Windows login credentials after a reboot may cause the Customer Client to become unstable.
- Resolved an issue where a non-elevated Customer Client could create multiple instances of a process and not close them after a session.
- Resolved an issue with 32bit Customer Clients running on 64bit operating systems not being able to properly “kick” an RDP session.
- Resolved an issue where the customer did not receive notification for File Send when Customer Client is minimized.
- Resolved an issue where the Customer Client becomes unstable when automatic login credentials are requested from the login screen.
- Resolved an issue where the Privacy Screen Message did not display on the Windows Login screen.
- Resolved an issue with nudge not bringing up the Customer Client window on Macs when the Customer Client window was minimized.
- Resolved an issue where Click-To-Chat sessions could not connect to the appliance with some SSL Certificate configurations.
- Resolved an issue with Bomgar Buttons failing to install in All Users mode but show up in the Rep Console Bomgar Button interface.
- Resolved an issue that allowed a 64bit Jumpoint to install onto a 32bit operating system.
- Resolved an issue that generates an error when attempting PXE boot a vPro machine running AMT 5.
- Resolved an issue with the BIOS password screen sometimes not appearing or characters missing on AMT5 SOL sessions after a reboot.
- Resolved an issue with the vPro connection window preventing interaction with the rest of the Rep Console.
- Resolved an issue with vPro connections sometimes failing after a site has been upgraded.
- Changed “Session Key” to “Rep Invite Key” in the Rep Console login window.
- Removed the “What’s This” button from several windows that did not need its functionality.
- [Updated 2012-Feb-06] Making a ‘generate_session_key’ Command API call with ‘queue_id=rep_username:[username]’ returns ‘Invalid Argument’. A patch is available in the Self Service Center.