August 4, 2020
New Features and Enhancements:
- Created policy repository, storage, and retrieval objects.
- Created policy middleware for entitlement evaluation.
- Added roles to endpoint mappings for middleware.
- Added role management to users via new user details section.
- Roles for users are now displayed in Console Access grid.
- Added new roles management UX for groups and users, available via Settings > Roles.
- Updated application to remove elements currently authenticated user is not entitled to. Links updated to reflect missing
permissions. Direct URL access performs middleware check and routes to new unauthorized page.
- Added Roles filter to Users grid.
- Split Console Access screen into two sub-sections: Users and Groups.
- Added role entitlements to group objects.
- Updated first account creation logic to grant sysadmin role.
- Created Group grid and filtering, as well as Role display.
- Added group role membership to group details to display users in groups.
- Group role management added to group details section.
- Added feature toggling to enable or disable application features.
- Updated the Settings > Software page to enable uploads of zip and iso files for installers for BIUL to push. Packages are
automatically unpacked upon completion. Upload progress bars and resume included.
- Software upload feature disabled for UVM builds in order to not conflict with BT Updater usage.
- Added installation template editor, available via Settings > Software in the PMUL product row. Includes create, edit, delete,
and clone options.
- Added default installation templates for backwards compatibility.
- Added read-only options for templates and applied to defaults.
- Added methods to serialize installation templates to run-time installation flags for product.
- Added host tag editor to Host Details, which allows for complete management of tag inventory and assignment to hosts.
- Added filtering for tags on Host lists.
- Added ability to display tags for hosts in Hosts lists.
Host Inventory and Action Redesign
- Added Host Inventory section to the UX. This is an updated replacement for Host Management, focused on management of
hosts in the system.
- Discovery has been moved into the Inventory section.
- Created a new wizard UX.
- Implemented a new Action wizard, which is available via new bulk actions menu or via the Inventory grid row menu.
- Ported sudo actions to the wizard.
- Ported AD Bridge actions to the wizard.
- Ported Profile action to the wizard.
- Ported Solr actions to the wizard.
- Ported PMUL actions to the wizard.
- Extended jobs API to support progress display.
- Added action finalized to display progress of selected action.
- Added confirmation to logout button.
- Added Check All option to inventory grid.
- Added user details and editing sub-section.
- SSH port is now configurable in Host Details.
- Added grid row menu.
- Updated switches to display current state as label.
- Added profile script for machines that do not have profile binary available.
- Added automatic migration of database schema.
- Policy and log server for PMUL are now editable via Host Details > PMUL settings. Multiple log and policy servers can be
- Resolved issue in which profile attempted to remove temp files twice.
- Resolved issue in which profile failed if pb.db was removed.
- Resolved issue with firstrun during installation on UVM.
- Resolved issue with restrictive settings for allowable characters in usernames.
- Resolved issue with sub-domain authentication via Active Directory.