New Features and Enhancements:
- Android 5.0+ Screen Sharing - Full device screen sharing is now available on Android 5.0 or greater devices if the user accepts the permission prompt.
- Updated the Customer Client application icon.
- Resolved an issue where the mobile number or the verbiage “unknown” would display in the customer name field of the System Information section of the Representative Console. Now the customer’s name will display or if not available the mobile number or lastly the email address will display.
The Bomgar Android Customer Client works with:
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0.3 or greater. Note: Android 5.0 or greater is required for Android device screen sharing.
- Existing installations of Bomgar Remote Support version 13.1.1 or greater.
- Support sites with a trusted CA-signed certificate on the appliance.
- Regarding feature Android 5.0+ Screen Sharing. On Android 5.1 devices selecting the “Do not show again” checkbox on the Android System prompt for screen capture may cause undesired behavior. As a temporary work around the customer may uninstall the Customer Client and opt to not select the “Do not show again” checkbox mentioned above. This appears to be resolved with Android release 5.1.1+.
- The Bomgar Android Customer Client is available for download in Google play.