Building an effective vulnerability management program is critical to every organization, no matter the type. Businesses must understand how to effectively prevent cyber-attacks by eliminating weaknesses in their networks if they don’t want to end up on the nightly news. Whether the network consists of just a few connected computers or thousands of servers distributed around the world, this presentation will provide and explain ten steps you can use to make your vulnerability management program much more effective, or build a program if you don’t already have one.
Join Cybersecurity Expert, Derek A.Smith where he will take you through his 10 steps for success and how to get started now. This webinar will help the responsible security professional:
- Identify all the assets needing protection
- Create an Asset Criticality Profile (ACP)
- Determine your organizations exposures and vulnerabilities
- Track your organizations realized, and unrealized relevant threats
- Provide a formula to determine your organizations risks
- Take corrective action if your risks a greater than your costs
- Create meaningful metrics and hold people accountable
- Identify and address compliance gaps
- Implement an automated vulnerability management system
- Convince management of the importance of investing in a vulnerability management program
This is a webinar you won't want to miss! Please come with questions!
Derek A. Smith is an expert at cybersecurity, cyber forensics, healthcare IT, SCADA security, physical security, investigations, organizational leadership and training. He is currently an IT Supervisor at the Internal Revenue Service. He is also owner of The Intercessors Investigative and Training Group (www.theintercessorgroup.com). Formerly, Derek worked for several IT companies including Computer Sciences Corporation and Booz Allen Hamilton. Derek spent 18 years as a special agent for various government agencies and the military. He is also a cyber security professor at the University of Maryland, University College and Virginia University of Science and Technology and has taught for over 25 years. Derek is retired from the US Army and also served in the US Navy, and Air Force for a total of 24 years. He is completing his Doctorate Degree in Organizational Leadership and has completed an MBA, MS in IT Information Assurance, Masters in IT Project Management, and a BS in Education. Derek has written several books including Cybersense: The Leaders Guide to Protecting Critical Information, and its companion workbook, and he has contributed to several other books as an author and technical adviser.