New Feature Highlights Retina Network Security Scanner 6.4
Retina Network Security Scanner 6.4 now features complete vulnerability and configuration scanning across IPv4 and IPv6 networks. In addition to the engine support, the Retina UI has also been enhanced to enable easy entry and management of IPv6 addresses. Customers have the option to enter IPv6 addresses in the same way they are accustomed to managing IPv4 addresses, via single IPs, ranges, or CIDR blocks. Retina supports any of these IPv6 formats:
- IPv6 Address – A single IPv6 address (“fd30:0000:0000:0001:ff4e:003e:0009:000e”).
- IPv6 Range – A range of IPv6 addresses (“fd30:0000:0000:0001:ff4e:003e:0009:000e- fd30:0000:0000:0001:ff4e:003e:0009:1000”).
- IPv6 CIDR Notation – An IPv6 CIDR block (“fd30:0000:0000:0001:ff4e:003e:0009:000e/120”).
Enter Scan Targets with Ease
Retina 6.4 makes entering scan targets even easier via its new “Single-use” target type. The Single-use target type, which supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, can be used to quickly enter scan targets for ad-hoc scans. Targets can be entered as IP address, IP ranges, CIDR, named host or a combination of any of those types. It also supports entering target exclusions by simply entering an exclamation point “!” at the beginning or the address.
This new capability provides real-time feedback as targets are entered, including the total number of IPs that have been requested and notification of any invalid entries. In the screenshot above, note the invalid “192.168.1.400” entry.
Performance Enhancements Help Deliver Results Faster
Retina 6.4 features two enhancements designed to improve performance, including:
- Enhanced memory utilization – Retina version 6.4 significantly reduces memory utilization by 50%.
- UI performance – Additional enhancements have been made to improve the performance of the UI. Customers will notice that the Retina UI will open much faster, enabling them to begin scanning and delivering results much faster.
Additional CIS Benchmark Certification
Retina version 6.4 features support for and certification of the following SCAP benchmarks released by the Central for Internet Security:
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 10, v5.2.0, Level 1 Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 10, v5.2.0, Level 2 Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 11, v1.1.0, Level 1 Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 11, v1.1.0, Level 2 Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 11.1, v1.0.0, Level 1 Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 11.1, v1.0.0, Level 2 Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 11.2, v1.1.0, Level 1 Profile
- CIS Benchmark for Oracle Solaris 11.2, v1.1.0, Level 2 Profile
Read the complete Documentation!