New Features for Retina CS Enterprise Vulnerability Management
Retina CS version 6.0 adds several new features that further enhance an organization’s ability to centralize vulnerability data from multiple scanners, eliminate security gaps caused by transient platforms and have greater risk visibility through sharing vulnerability intelligence with leading SIEM solutions.
Centrally Manage Retina Host-based Scans with BeyondInsight
Can you guarantee that your virtual and cloud-based systems are online during a network-based scan? And what about the growing number of remote employee laptops that randomly pop on and off the network? You may also have a number of connected systems that have been hardened – limiting what you can see from the outside looking in. How can you cover these vulnerability gaps?
Retina CS 6.0 provides a next-generation host-based vulnerability scanner – Retina Host Security Scanner – to ensure you can reliably identify and scan these transient systems. This latest revision of our agent leverages Retina’s award-winning scanning technology and builds on over 10 years of in-market host-based scanner experience across thousands of enterprise customers. This release allows organizations to now centrally manage host-based scans with the BeyondInsight platform to:
- Perform full authenticated vulnerability and configuration scans without the need to provide credentials
- Quickly scan systems within a matter of minutes
- Identify and scan remote user computers, transient virtual platforms, hardened systems and cloud environments where active scanning may be forbidden.
- Centrally report on and analyze all host-based scan data.
Additional and Enhanced Certified Cloud & Virtual Connectors to Close Gaps
Cloud and virtual infrastructures by nature are very elastic. As a result, their presence can be hard to predict making scanning them even more difficult. Unknown or undermanaged cloud and virtual environments pose a significant risk opening networks to security breaches, data loss, intellectual property theft, and regulatory compliance issues.
Having certified integrations for elastic and transient cloud and virtual environments enables organizations to reliably identify and scan them. Retina CS cloud connectors allow organizations to discover all cloud and virtual instances in an environment, group cloud assets for secure management, and scan for known and emerging vulnerabilities. New cloud and virtual connectors available in version 6.0 include:
- Microsoft Azure connector that interacts with Azure’s Resource Manager Architecture, enabling asset identification and vulnerability scanning of Azure’s cloud environment.
- Microsoft Hyper-V connector that allows for asset identification and vulnerability scanning of Hyper-V platforms.
- Amazon AWS enhanced connector that lets organizations select assets across regions and custom naming instances, and enumerate them by private IP address.
These connectors can perform an accurate inventory of all cloud and virtual instances regardless of runtime state. Once those instances are found, organizations can quickly arrange them into Smart Groups for easier management according to an organization’s unique business needs – helping you eliminate security gaps created by these unpredictable systems.
Certified Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) Connectors
Having certified integrations for forwarding critical events to third party security solutions marks a critical step in escalating user and asset security in much the same way network management and automated help desk solutions perform these functions in a traditional IT infrastructure.
Adding real-time vulnerability intelligence to SIEM solutions, like FireEye TAP, HP ArcSight, IBM QRadar, LogRhythm, McAfee ESM, and Splunk arms organizations with superior targeted attack and breach detection, as well as broader compliance visibility. Retina CS 6.0 has the following new certified connectors, for sharing vulnerability data with leading SIEM solutions:
- FireEye connector forwards event data to a FireEye TAP server using on premise COM Broker. In addition, it allows for the extraction of data from FireEye AX to augment Clarity threat analytics.
- HP ArcSight connector forwards event data to HP ArcSight in Common Event Format (CEF).
- IBM QRadar connector forwards data to IBM QRadar in Log Extended Event Format (LEEF).
- LogRhythm connector forwards event data to LogRythm in Log Extended Event Format (LEEF).
- McAfee ESM connector forwards all data types to MacAfee ESM (Nitro) via Syslog.
- Splunk connector forwards event data via a Splunk HTTP Event Collector.
- Universal Event Forwarding connector forwards event data to configured listeners in a variety of customizable formats.
Tenable Security Center and Tripwire Scanner Integration
Adding to our list of supported 3rd party scanners [McAfee, Nessus (Tenable), Nexpose (Rapid7) and Qualys], BeyondTrust is pleased to announce connectors for both Security Center (Tenable) and Tripwire vulnerability scanners.
With Retina CS 6.0, Tenable and Tripwire customers can safely and easily export their existing vulnerability data (via CSV files) directly to Retina CS. In addition, Retina CS gives current Tenable and Tripwire users the ability to centralize all their scan data for prioritization and reporting as well as for Clarity advanced threat analytics. Lastly, Tenable and Tripwire customers will now have the unique opportunity to combine their vulnerability and privilege intelligence to achieve a level of security visibility and control not possible with their existing solutions.
Read the complete Documentation!