Privilege and Session Management for Unix & Linux
It’s no secret that Unix and Linux systems present high-value targets for external attackers and malicious insiders alike. You can expect to be breached if you share credentials, provide unfettered root access, or let files and sessions go unmonitored. Gaining access to root or other privileged credentials makes it easy for attackers to fly under the radar and access sensitive systems and data. And the risk only increases as attack surfaces expand, perimeters vanish, attackers get smarter, and compliance pressures mount.
So how do you limit eliminate credential sharing, limit root access, ensure accountability, and meet compliance requirements – without hurting productivity?
Achieve Compliance and Control Privileged Access
PowerBroker for Unix & Linux is an enterprise-class, gold-standard privilege management solution that helps security and IT organizations achieve compliance, control privileged access, and prevent and contain breaches that can effect Unix and Linux systems.
- Monitor and audit sessions for unauthorized access, changes to files and directories, and compliance.
- Reduce attack surfaces by eliminating credential sharing, enforcing least privilege, and elevating commands without requiring users to have root access.
- Analyze behavior to detect suspicious user, account and asset activity.
- Centralize management, policy and reporting.
With over 30 years of experience in server privilege management, BeyondTrust knows what it takes to protect your critical, tier-1 systems, and help you reduce risk and achieve compliance.
How It Works
- Meets access and authorization requirements for SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, PCI DSS, NIST SP800-52, NIST SP800-171, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and other mandates
- Logs all environment information
- Provides system-level control and audit capabilities over any application, regardless of how the application is initiated
- Records and indexes all sessions for quick discovery
- Replays privileged sessions with DVR-style playback of all activity, including keystrokes
- Automates log centralization for multi-server deployments
- Automates workflows for event and I/O log reviews (search by command or free-text)
- Provides true Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
- Enables interaction with historical event lists and graphs, presenting key “who,
what, where, when” data in a straightforward format
SECURE CRITICAL SYSTEMS AND FILES
- Monitors file integrity, performing scans of centrally selected files and folders, and checking them against pre-defined settings
- Supports industry-standard encryption algorithms, such as AES, Triple DES,
and many others
- Performs redundancy checks and checksum verification for Trojan protection
- Restricts access by day/date/time and to/from specified hosts
- Integrates with PAM, NIS+ and LDAP
- Blocks execution of specified commands
- Integrates with SafeNet Luna for U.S. and Canadian government agencies requiring
FIPS 140-2 Level 2 & Level 3 validation
Auditing & Governance
Analyzes user behavior by collecting, securely storing and indexing keystroke logs, session recordings and other privileged events.
Fine-Grained Least Privilege
Elevate privileges for standard users on Unix and Linux through fine-grained, policy-based controls.
Dynamic Access Policy
Utilize factors such as time, day, location and application/asset vulnerability status to make privilege elevation decisions.
Remote System & Application Control
Enable users to run specific commands and conduct sessions remotely based on rules without logging on as admin or root.
File & Policy Integrity Monitoring
Audit and report on changes to critical policy, system, application and data files.
Privileged Threat Analytics
Correlate user behavior against asset vulnerability data and security intelligence from best-of-breed security solutions.\
Speed forensics and simplify compliance by providing an unimpeachable audit trail of all user activity
Enable compliance through the compartmentalization of IT tasks that require privileged accounts
Reduce risk by ensuring that critical files and policies have not been tampered with
Secure Critical Systems and Files
- Limit attack surfaces by providing just enough access to complete a task, and preventing the use of the root account
- Keep systems safe by only allowing approved applications and commands to be executed
- Reduce attack surfaces by helping IT make privilege decisions based on context and risk
- Protect critical files from malware and privilege misuse
- Eliminate workarounds or gaps that could lead to exploits
- Reduce the risk that user activity can lead to a potentially damaging data breach
- Enhance user productivity by simplifying processes that are complex with native tools or sudo
- Simplify management, and speeds deployments and upgrades
Leverage Flexible Deployment Options
Implement on-premise software or hardware appliances, or host in Amazon Web Services, Azure Marketplace or Google Cloud.
PowerBroker for Unix & Linux supports more than 100 platforms, including Debian GNU, HP-UX, HP Tru 64, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, SuSE Linux Enterprise, VMware ESX, IBM AIX, and others.
Common Criteria Certified
Common Criteria is an internationally recognized set of guidelines created to insure a high and consistent standard for evaluating information security products. You can have confidence in the security of the products that have earned this certification through extensive independent lab evaluations, and avoid the cost and complexity of additional testing. PowerBroker for Unix & Linux has earned Common Criteria Certification under an Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL)2+.