Audit, Alert and Recover Active Directory Changes
Trying to keep up with all the changes made in Active Directory can be an extremely time-consuming and complex process, with delays in discovering and addressing changes possibly leading to business disruption, not to mention the security and compliance implications of such changes.
Maintain Business Continuity with PowerBroker
PowerBroker helps IT organizations meet PCI, SOX, HIPAA, and other compliance requirements by auditing, alerting, and recovering Active Directory changes in real time. Pinpoint changes that introduce security risks, jeopardize compliance, or impact operations via the solution’s real-time tracking of who performed each change, what changed (including pre/post values), when the change occurred, and where the change was made.
“The PowerBroker Auditor Suite, including PowerBroker Auditor, is a formidable set of tools for administrators dealing with Microsoft-centric technologies.” — Kuppinger Cole
Increase Efficiency with Centralized Auditing and Recovery
PowerBroker Auditor and Recovery for Active Directory includes a centralized database to enable both auditing and recovery of AD data, delivering a broader set of capabilities than native AD auditing — without the operational impacts. With PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory, you have a continuous backup technology that enables you to both detect and roll back changes. You can therefore quickly undo accidental or unwanted changes via a single console, without requiring a point-in-time backup.
REAL-TIME, CENTRALIZED AD AUDITING AND ALERTING
Audit, alert, and report on all changes made in Active Directory in real time, without relying on difficult and cumbersome native event logs.
AUDIT & RECOVERY INTEGRATION
Complete auditing and recovery solutions that track and alert to changes across the Windows environment.
NATIVE AUDITING NOT NEEDED
Does not require any GPO changes or native System Access Control Lists to be managed or defined.
CONTINUOUS BACKUP FOR EASY RECOVERY
Store every object change in a continuous change log providing complete object backup and recovery to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
INTEGRATION WITH NATIVE TOOLS
Native tool integration speeds time to resolution and simplifies administration.
AGENTLESS OR SINGLE-AGENT
More than one agent is never required. All Auditor and Recovery modules that require an agent use a common footprint to mitigate performance impacts on domain controllers.
REAL-TIME, CENTRALIZED AD AUDITING AND ALERTING
- Pinpoint changes that introduce security risks, jeopardize compliance, or reduce operational efficiency.
- Track the “who, what, when, and where” for every Active Directory change.
- Compare before and after values for every change, including host name and IP address.
- Gain single-click access to item and user histories via integration with native management tools
- Enables less technical users to understand what activity has occurred while maintaining the advanced details that administrators require.
- Capture PowerBroker for Windows group policy changes, including pre- and post-values, providing complete least privilege enforcement and policy auditing in a single solution.
- Design HTML templates or plain text email notifications, and simplify the appending, replacing, or removing of recipients to alert notifications.
CONTINUOUS BACKUP FOR QUICK RECOVERY
- Ensure business continuity for critical network resources and applications.
- Minimize revenue loss from disasters and accidental deletions in Active Directory.
- Restore users’ connections in minutes, not hours.
- Maintain simplicity with one database for any number of Active Directory Forests.
SIMPLE DEPLOYMENT AND SCALABILITY
- Accelerate and ensure trouble-free deployments with a centralized database, agent, and management console.
- Audit environments with millions of users and thousands of servers.
- Unite products in the suite through a single web console which serves as a dashboard that enables admins and other users to perform management and enforce policy.
ENTERPRISE REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
- Access all audit data via a single database, even for multiple AD forests.
- Take advantage of expanded, automatic delivery options and formats via SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Confirm compliance and provide access and change histories for compliance with SOX, PCI, HIPAA, and other mandates.
- Enable administrators or auditors to filter what they are looking for based on a user- friendly description of the change activity.
- Increase usability and enable a consistent experience for users with more than a dozen customizable reports.
NTEGRATE WITH NATIVE TOOLS
- Get Active Directory, Group Policy, and AD LDS (ADAM) support in a single solution.
- Simplify operations and minimize downtime with native tool integrations and an online recovery database.
- Recover deleted or changed Group policy and directory objects with a single click
PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite
PowerBroker Auditor & Recovery for Active Directory is part of the PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite. The suite provides centralized, real-time change auditing for Active Directory, file systems, Exchange, SQL, and NetApp.
AUDIT AND ALERT
Audit the who, what, where, and when of changes in Active Directory, Exchange, file systems SQL, and NetApp. Alert to those changes, providing real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns.
DISCOVER AND ENFORCE
Deliver entitlement reporting, ensuring that users have access to the resources — and only those resources — they need to do their jobs.
RECOVER AND ROLL BACK
Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy, protecting the business from downtime.
EXTEND AND ENHANCE
Extend throughout the Microsoft infrastructure, providing more capabilities than native tools and a unified view of changes across Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp environments.
Read the complete Data Sheet!