New and enhanced connectors close security gaps, improve visibility of hidden and emerging threats, and cover the widest range of assets and vulnerabilities
PHOENIX, August 11, 2016 – BeyondTrust, the leading cyber security company dedicated to preventing privilege misuse and stopping unauthorized access, announced today the release of BeyondInsight 6.0, enabling organizations to assess cloud and virtual environments, share actionable intelligence with leading SIEMs, consolidate vulnerability data from various scanners and centrally manage host-based scans.
“With the mainstream adoption of cloud, virtual and mobile platforms, the rise of the application economy, and the escalating velocity and ferocity of threat activity, it’s no surprise that getting a true picture of enterprise risk requires a vast amount of data,” said Brad Hibbert, CTO at BeyondTrust. “BeyondInsight 6.0 enables organizations to correlate seemingly disparate pieces of data into definitive and actionable security intelligence.”
The new and enhanced connectors further BeyondTrust’s comprehensive vulnerability management strategy by:
- Closing security gaps created by cloud, virtual and mobile platforms: BeyondTrust’s cloud and virtual connectors and Retina Host Security Scanner eliminate gaps within an organizations security posture, providing a true picture of its enterprise risk.
- Improving visibility of hidden and emerging threats: BeyondTrust’s SIEM connectors give organizations automated access to normalized threat intelligence, enabling them to more quickly prioritize threats and in turn respond more efficiently.
- Covering the widest range of assets and vulnerabilities: Tenable Security Center and Tripwire connectors add to BeyondTrust’s list of supported 3rd party scanners, enabling organizations to correlate vulnerability data from a number of on premise and cloud-based scanners within a centralized reporting and analytics platform.
“Cloud and virtual infrastructures by nature are very elastic,” said Brad Hibbert, CTO at BeyondTrust. “As a result, their presence can be hard to predict making scanning them even more difficult. Unknown or undermanaged cloud and virtual environments pose a significant risk opening networks to security breaches, data loss, intellectual property theft, and regulatory compliance issues. BeyondInsight’s connectors enable organizations to discover all cloud and virtual instances in an environment, group cloud assets for secure management, and scan for known and emerging vulnerabilities.”
BeyondInsight 6.0 supports a number of new and enhanced third party connectors:
- Cloud: Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Virtual: Microsoft Hyper-V
- SIEM: FireEye TAP, HP Arcsight, IBM QRadar, LogRythm, McAfee ESM, Splunk
- Vulnerability Scanners: Tenable Security Center, Tripwire
BeyondTrust BeyondInsight 6.0 is available immediately worldwide.
Learn more by downloading the Retina CS 6.0 new features document, the Retina Host Security Scanner data sheet, or view the Retina CS 6.0 video.
BeyondTrust is a global cyber security software company that helps organizations prevent cyber attacks and unauthorized data access due to privilege abuse. Our solutions give you the visibility to confidently reduce risks and the control to take proactive, informed action against data breach threats. And because threats can come from anywhere, we built a platform that unifies the most effective technologies for addressing both internal and external risk: Privileged Access Management and Vulnerability Management. Our solutions grow with your needs, making sure you maintain control no matter where your company goes. BeyondTrust’s security solutions are trusted by over 4,000 customers worldwide, including half of the Fortune 100.