- For DevSecOps teams, the new Modular Platform SDK connects BeyondTrust Password Safe to any platform, system, third party or custom application
- For Security Operations Centers, Resource Broker connects Password Safe Cloud to any on-premises infrastructure, improves authentication options with RADIUS over Resource Broker, and offers tighter integrations to multifactor (MFA) and SIEM platforms
Atlanta, GA – December 22, 2021 - BeyondTrust, the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), today announced the release of BeyondTrust Password Safe 21.3 and BeyondInsight 21.3, which are designed as a core component of the cybersecurity mesh and provides the best protection for privileged identities. The new features enable Security Operation Centers and DevSecOps teams to deploy horizonal security protections, save time for IT operations, and enable the ability to flexibly manage privileged credentials. As an integration hub, BeyondTrust Password Safe can expand automation, streamline operations, and provide real defense against cyber attacks and data breaches.
BeyondTrust Password Safe 21.3 enables enterprises to protect their identity fabric with out-of-the-box and custom integrations to Password Safe Cloud. The new Modular Platform SDK provides security teams with multiple options to extend Password Safe and manage identity security on any platform or cloud provider. DevSecOps teams can add in support for securing custom platforms and custom application platforms leveraging strong developer-focused information and tooling. Additionally, more extensible administration via Resource Broker now enables new workflows for authenticating with MFA and routing SIEM events.
BeyondTrust BeyondInsight centralizes management, reporting, and threat analytics for Privilege Access Management. The 21.3 release adds authentication services that support Azure Active Directory (AAD) and two-factor authentication via time-based one-time password (TOTP). These enhancements expand authentication options and provide added flexibility and security for privileged passwords. Tighter cloud integrations, SDK tooling, and extensibility enable enterprises to manage more of their privileged credentials with automation.
“Enterprise technology environments are expanding exponentially, and enterprises must protect their identity fabric. We think about integration as a core component of our solutions. Our integration hub approach enables our Microsoft Azure AD and other cloud-forward customers to protect their cybersecurity mesh with greater confidence than the native offerings available on those platforms can provide,” said Sam Elliott, Vice President, Product Management at BeyondTrust. “BeyondTrust Password Safe and BeyondInsight are continuously improving to optimize the management of privileged credentials, including capabilities to integrate platforms and applications with Password Safe Cloud to securely discover credentials and secure access to more platforms and more cloud providers, with less time and more confidence.”
New features and enhancements include:
- Modular platform enables developers to extend Password Safe capabilities to manage accounts on any platform; using the .NET MEF plugin architecture with an SDK, enterprises can manage accounts across previously unmanaged systems and applications.
- Password Safe Cloud supports multi-factor authentication leveraging the RADIUS protocol, now made more extensible with administration through the BeyondTrust Resource Broker application.
- Password Safe Cloud extends support for SIEM integrations to systems not exposed to the public Internet, by proxying through the BeyondTrust Resource Broker application.
- Additional authentication services support through Azure Active Directory (AAD) integration and time-based one-time password (ToTP), for greater flexibility and security.
BeyondTrust Password Safe combines privileged password and session management to help enterprises achieve complete control and accountability over privileged accounts. Discovery capabilities leverage a distributed network discovery engine that scans, identifies, and profiles all assets. This categorization allows automated onboarding and access policies to self-adjust according to environmental changes. Smart Rules automation intelligently organizes assets and accounts to significantly reduce manual effort, eliminate errors, and improve productivity. The discovery capabilities include a full audit trail for incident response and compliance.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Connect Marketing for BeyondTrust
P: (801) 373-7888