- BeyondTrust’s enterprise-leading Remote Support solution introduces new security, usability, and efficiency features to enhance the overall user and customer experience.
- BeyondTrust will be exhibiting Remote Support 19.1 at HDI 2019 in Orlando, Florida, April 7-12 at booth No. 806.
Atlanta, GA – April 9, 2019 – BeyondTrust, the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, today announced the release of BeyondTrust Remote Support 19.1, formerly Bomgar Remote Support. The new release brings updated capabilities and features that allow users to improve efficiency, usability, and security. In addition, the release features new design elements that enhance the user experience and incorporate new brand elements.
BeyondTrust Remote Support enables service desks to quickly and securely access and fix any remote system or device, running any platform, located anywhere in the world. With BeyondTrust, organizations of all sizes can consolidate and standardize remote access on one secure solution, improving service desk productivity, and reducing costs.
BeyondTrust Remote Support 19.1 adds the following security enhancements:
- The Remote Support Privacy Screen feature has been extended to Windows 10 to allow technicians to work on a remote computer privately and keep sensitive information out of view of the remote user or passersby.
- Let’s Encrypt, a free, automated, and open certification authority (CA), is now supported directly within Remote Support, allowing users to request and automatically renew SSL/TLS certificates used by the BeyondTrust appliance, and help create a more secure and privacy-respecting Web.
- The BeyondTrust Remote Support iOS Customer Client is now easier to deploy through Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions, such as Microsoft Intune.
- In addition, the customers’ support site URL can be pre-configured so end-users don’t have to type the URL when support is needed. The BeyondTrust site URL can also be set as read-only so that end-users can only connect to the specified appliance.
The following new features streamline and improve the support representative’s day-to-day use of the product:
- An Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployment option is now available to help meet customers’ needs for different deployment options.
- Enhancements were made to the Representative Console, such as remembering the last security provider used for login, column layout changes, and a new field indicating the last time a computer was rebooted. The Console also remembers preferences, frequently accessed Jump Items, and recommends the most relevant credentials in Remote Support sessions.
- A simpler iOS screen sharing workflow improves support of all iOS devices using the updated iOS Customer Client for iOS 12.
- Users with the Credential Injection feature enabled will now display the most likely credential needed for credential injection, based on usage history and account permissions from the Representative Console. Selected credentials will appear at the top of the credential drop down list, enabling users to get into sessions and elevate permissions faster.
“IT service desks face an increasingly complex support environment, requiring flexible remote support options that scale and adapt as their business needs evolve,” said Tal Guest, Director of Product Management at BeyondTrust. “Today’s announcement addresses what organizations are seeking with a comprehensive remote support solution that enables IT organizations to provide more efficient and secure support, with security being an ever-growing priority.”
For more information about BeyondTrust Remote Support or to request an evaluation, please visit: www.beyondtrust.com/remote-sup....
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access. Our extensible platform empowers organizations to easily scale privilege security as threats evolve across endpoint, server, cloud, DevOps, and network device environments. BeyondTrust unifies the industry’s broadest set of privileged access capabilities with centralized management, reporting, and analytics, enabling leaders to take decisive and informed actions to defeat attackers. Our holistic platform stands out for its flexible design that simplifies integrations, enhances user productivity, and maximizes IT and security investments. BeyondTrust gives organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance objectives, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including half of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Connect Marketing for BeyondTrust
P: (801) 373-7888