- Windows Service Account Rotation and improved integration with BeyondTrust Password Safe expand scope and functionality of BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access
- Solution enforces least privilege, granular control and visibility, and layered credential security over remote access for employees and third parties
Atlanta, GA – June 7, 2022 - BeyondTrust, the leader in intelligent identity and access security, today announced the release of BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.2. Windows Service Accounts can be a significant challenge for IT security to manage due to the pervasive and interconnected nature of these accounts. BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.2 builds upon BeyondTrust’s robust discovery capabilities with the rotation (and restart) of Windows Service Accounts, adding significant convenience and security gains to these critical IT components.
In addition, enhanced integration between Privileged Remote Access and BeyondTrust Password Safe now allows users to search for and remotely access Password Safe managed RDP and shell systems. This integration makes it easier and more secure for administrators to align users to the specific credentials needed to access managed systems.
Allowing third-party remote access comes with many potential security risks. Vendors authorized to access the network and applications might not adhere to the organization’s same level of security protocols. They might use weak or default passwords, or share a single set of credentials among multiple individuals. VPN is another risky practice for extending access to third parties, as they are a target for hackers to compromise the supply chain.
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.2 includes a number of new features and enhancements, including the following:
- Windows Service Account Rotation - Privileged Remote Access allows these highly interconnected credentials to be vaulted and makes rotation possible, greatly increasing an organization’s security posture.
- Group Policy API - Group Policy permissions are now able to be set via a new API reducing an organization’s administrative burden and eliminating human error.
- Syslog Access from Appliance UI - Syslog reports can now be downloaded directly from the Appliance.
“Reducing an organization’s cybersecurity risk profile on company-owned assets is complicated enough, but when you have users accessing the network from random devices where you have no visibility, it adds a whole other level of complexity," said Tal Guest, Director of Product Management at BeyondTrust. “This new version enables our customers to expand their reach of Zero Trust security practices even further into their business.”
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.2 is now available. To learn more or for a demo, visit our website.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in intelligent identity and access security, empowering organizations to protect identities, stop threats, and deliver dynamic access to empower and secure a work-from-anywhere world. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced privileged access management (PAM) solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
BeyondTrust protects all privileged identities, access, and endpoints across your IT environment from security threats, while creating a superior user experience and operational efficiencies. With a heritage of innovation and a staunch commitment to customers, BeyondTrust solutions are easy to deploy, manage, and scale as businesses evolve. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 75 of the Fortune 100, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Connect Marketing for BeyondTrust
P: (801) 373-7888