- Bomgar Vault 17.1 is first enterprise password management solution to introduce remote credential rotation from an on-premise solution with RotateAnywhere.
- Bomgar Vault helps organizations secure, manage, and administer shared credentials for privileged users and IT vendors.
Tweet This: @Bomgar Vault 17.1 is first on-premise enterprise password management solution with remote credential rotation https://goo.gl/mJJEZm
San Francisco, CA – RSA Conference – February 14, 2017 – Bomgar, a leader in secure access solutions, today introduced Bomgar Vault 17.1, the latest version of its enterprise password and credential management solution. Bomgar Vault helps organizations secure, manage, and administer shared and sensitive credentials for privileged users and IT vendors. Companies using Bomgar Vault can improve security, compliance, and productivity by enabling security professionals and IT administrators to quickly find and gain control of privileged credentials, manage and rotate passwords, and securely use shared accounts. When integrated with Bomgar Privileged Access or Bomgar Remote Support, users can also directly inject credentials into end servers and systems with just one click.
Bomgar Vault 17.1 is the first enterprise password management solution to offer remote credential rotation from an on-premise solution with its new RotateAnywhere technology. RotateAnywhere allows organizations to rotate credentials remotely on an Internet-connected network without VPN connectivity or leveraging software defined networking (SDN), securing systems regardless of domain trust and connectivity.
“People often associate Bomgar with our unique technology that allows them to easily and securely connect to systems and infrastructure across the Internet,” said Sam Elliott, director of security product management, Bomgar. “Many of our clients, including banks, hospital networks, and managed service providers, were coming to us with challenges related to rotating and randomizing privileged credentials at remote sites. Our clients didn’t want to take on the additional risk and cost of creating multiple VPNs that are required by legacy enterprise password management solutions. As an answer to that challenge, we created RotateAnywhere within Bomgar Vault, allowing organizations to improve the security stance of their distributed business and ecosystem.”
In addition to remote credential rotation, Bomgar Vault 17.1 also provides advanced security and productivity features, including:
- Credential Scanning – Quickly find credentials in your environment, retrieve password age, and determine if they’re enabled and/or privileged.
- Vault API – Keep “password sprawl” in check by centralizing the storage of all privileged credentials.
- Streamlined Management and Elevation Approvals – Use email alerts and approvals to keep responsible parties informed of credential use, and gain insight into the health of privileged credentials.
- Service Account Management – Maintain business continuity by achieving optimal system uptime for service accounts.
- App to App Credential Security – Remove hard-coded passwords from applications and scripts to securely manage application to application credentials that do not require human intervention.
Organizations can also integrate Bomgar Vault with Bomgar’s Privileged Access and Remote Support solutions to inject credentials directly into end systems, allowing support and security professionals to gain approved access to remote systems without ever viewing the login credentials or passwords.
“Cyber breaches continue to increase, with privileged credentials being the primary targets for compromise,” adds Elliott. “Protecting passwords and credentials that allow access to critical business systems become more important every day. A single careless or inexperienced user can be just as dangerous as a malicious insider. Bomgar Vault makes it easy to uncover all of the privileged credentials within an environment and place them behind a secure wall where they are controlled and rotated.”
Bomgar Vault 17.1 will be available soon. Bomgar is showcasing all of its Secure Access solutions at booth N4502 during the RSA Conference from February 13 – 16, 2017, in San Francisco. For more information, please visit: www.bomgar.com/vault.
Bomgar is the leader in Secure Access solutions that empower businesses. Bomgar’s leading remote support, privileged access management, and identity management solutions help support and security professionals improve productivity and security by enabling secure, controlled connections to any system or device, anywhere in the world. More than 10,000 organizations across 80 countries use Bomgar to deliver superior support services and reduce threats to valuable data and systems. Bomgar is privately held with offices in Atlanta, Jackson, Washington D.C., Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Singapore. Connect with Bomgar at www.bomgar.com, the Bomgar Blog, or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.