- Bomgar Remote Support 16.1 introduces unmatched speed and performance for supporting remote users’ computers and mobile devices.
- Bomgar’s enterprise-leading remote support software includes new mobile and security features, such as Unattended Android Access, Touch ID Authentication for iOS, and Two Factor Authentication.
Tweet This: .@Bomgar Remote Support 16.1 offers enhanced speed & security in supporting remote users’ computers & mobile devices https://goo.gl/2zyj84
LONDON, 8 June 2016 – SITS16 – Bomgar, a leader in secure access solutions, today released Bomgar Remote Support 16.1, the latest version of its enterprise-leading remote support software. Bomgar Remote Support enables IT service desks and customer support centers to access and fix nearly any remote device, running any platform, located anywhere in the world. Technicians using Bomgar can quickly connect to, view, and control remote systems and devices, chat and collaborate with end-users or other technicians - all with the highest levels of security.
Bomgar Remote Support 16.1 offers superior speed and performance when accessing and troubleshooting remote systems, resulting in faster connections and issue resolution. New HD View screen sharing improvements provide a more responsive, fluid, and higher fidelity picture. The latest version also introduces new networking capabilities that further optimize the traffic between support representatives and end-users, and enhanced desktop and mobile clients that make it faster and easier for end-users to start a remote support session.
In addition to enhanced performance, Bomgar Remote Support 16.1 provides unprecedented mobile and security features, including:
- Unattended Android Access – Troubleshoot Android devices without a user present, or in the background, while the device is in use.
- Touch ID Authentication – Use touch authentication to login to Bomgar’s iPhone or iPad representative console.
- 3D Touch Support – Utilize the 3D Touch capabilities of the iPhone 6S and 6S plus devices to quickly start remote support sessions.
- Two Factor Authentication – Improve security with basic two factor authentication that doesn’t require external integrations or additional costs for token-based systems.
- SAML SSO Support – Leverage SAML SSO to login to any Bomgar interface more quickly and securely.
- Hyper-V Appliance Support – The Bomgar Remote Support Virtual Appliance can now be installed in a Microsoft Hyper-V environment, extending Bomgar’s hypervisor support beyond current VMware support, offering a greater variety of virtual environments.
Many Bomgar Remote Support 16.1 Early Adopters recommend the new version for the enhanced speed and security features. “The main advantages for us are the faster starting sessions and the crystal clear appearance when using the HD video option,” said Joseph Zelenek, owner of Advantage Computers. Steven Murphy, president of Whiteboard IT Solutions, added, “The two factor authentication feature is huge, as we have HIPAA compliance mandates to meet. We have many clients in the healthcare industry so security is at the top of our priority list.”
“When you’re supporting employees’ and customers’ critical technology, every second counts,” said Donald Hasson, director of ITSM product management, Bomgar. “At Bomgar, we’re dedicated to not only enabling the fastest, most reliable remote connections, but also giving support professionals robust tools to diagnose and fix issues as quickly as possible. Bomgar Remote Support 16.1 makes it easy for support organizations to improve service levels, while maintaining the highest levels of security.”
This week, Bomgar is exhibiting and demonstrating its secure access solutions, including Bomgar Remote Support 16.1, during the SITS16 conference in London at stand #416. For more information, please visit www.bomgar.com/remote-support.
Bomgar is the leader in Secure Access solutions that empower businesses. Bomgar’s leading remote support, privileged access management, and identity management solutions help support and security professionals improve productivity and security by enabling secure, controlled connections to any system or device, anywhere in the world. More than 10,000 organizations across 80 countries use Bomgar to deliver superior support services and reduce threats to valuable data and systems. Bomgar is privately held with offices in Atlanta, Jackson, Washington D.C., Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Singapore. Connect with Bomgar at www.bomgar.com, the Bomgar Blog, or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.