- BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access enforces least privilege, granular control and visibility, and layered credential security over remote access for employees and third parties
- Latest version enhances privileged remote access integration with BeyondTrust Password Safe
Atlanta, GA – January 31, 2022 - BeyondTrust, the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management, today announced the release of BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.1, which empowers IT/OT teams to control, manage, and audit remote privileged access by authorized employees, contractors, and vendors — without compromising security. Organizations can enforce least privilege, exert granular control and visibility, and layer on advanced credential security over remote access for employees and third parties.
Allowing third-party remote access comes with many potential security risks. Vendors authorized to access the network and applications might not adhere to the organization’s same level of security protocols. They might use weak or default passwords, or share a single set of credentials among multiple individuals. VPN is another risky practice for extending access to third parties, as they are a target for hackers to compromise the supply chain.
To reduce these attack surfaces, BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access provides greater control over remote vendor access by eliminating “all or nothing” access. All connections are brokered through a single access pathway, with granular, role-based access to specific systems and defined session parameters.
“Third-party vendor remote access is often the weakest link in network and information security,” said Daniel DeRosa, Chief Product Officer at BeyondTrust. “We enable organizations to better monitor and manage third-party access for privileged users, without inhibiting business agility.”
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.1 introduces Dark Mode and other new features to its Credential Vault, including discovery and import of Windows service accounts for management, scheduled discovery, account policies and more. BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access allows organizations to automate vendor provisioning/de-provisioning, while adding a layer of advanced credential security and fine-grained access management when combined with BeyondTrust’s Privileged Access Management suite.
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.1 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- External Endpoint Search - Password Safe Integration – Users can search and remotely access Password Safe Managed RDP and shell systems accessible with a Jumpoint server.
- Password Safe and Privileged Remote Access - Work together to mitigate credential theft, misuse and unmanaged access from third-party and internal users with unmatched visibility and control over sensitive assets, without hindering productivity.
- Dark Mode Desktop Access Console – Users who prefer to avoid bright screens and reduce eye strain can select Dark Mode in the desktop console, which uses a darker color palette for screens, views, menus, and controls.
- Vault Service Account Management - Vault discovers and imports Windows service accounts, enabling administrators with visibility into service accounts in domains managed by Vault, the descriptions and associated account services.
- Jump Item Association - Administrators can limit the credentials available for injection within a Jump session by associating Vault accounts and account groups with Jump items.
- Vault Scheduled Discovery - Vault administrators can define a preset day/time to automatically run Vault domain discovery jobs, and have continuous visibility over domain accounts, endpoints, and local accounts.
- Vault Account Policies - Vault account policies can be assigned to Vault accounts or account groups for additional granularity regarding Vault account settings.
- Windows 11 Support - Supports Windows 11 systems through a free upgrade for eligible Windows 10 PCs and newer PCs.
- MacOS Monterey Support - BeyondTrust offers largely the same functionality for Mac as it does for Windows, and fully supports MacOS Monterey systems.
- Nutanix Support - Base Software 6.1.1+ supports Nutanix hypervisors for virtual appliance deployment. See deployment information for more details on requirements and sizing.
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access 22.1 is now available. To learn more or for a demo, visit our website.
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud and hybrid environments.
The BeyondTrust Universal Privilege Management approach secures and protects privileges across passwords, endpoints, and access, giving organizations the visibility and control they need to reduce risk, achieve compliance, and boost operational performance. We are trusted by 20,000 customers, including 70 percent of the Fortune 500, and a global partner network. Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
Connect Marketing for BeyondTrust
P: (801) 373-7888