BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance.
What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is seeking a Software Engineer in Halifax, Nova Scotia. In this role, you will:
- Create and maintain scalable, modular components for our web-based applications and APIs
- Collaborate with local and remote team members on software design
- Measure and optimize the performance of production systems
- Stay current on new, relevant technologies and 3rd party services
What is Required?
- Back-end development skills with ASP.NET MVC Web API in C#.
- Database development with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio, WIX, Team Foundation Server, and GIT.
- Strong communication skills for interacting with all levels of management and peers.
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Experience working in and delivering products for virtualized environments such as VMWare.
- Cloud development experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Experience constructing and maintaining software appliances (Microsoft stack)
- Familiarity with software security best practices and general networking principles.
Who are you?
- You are flexible! You define “good attitude.”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter.