BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance.
The BeyondTrust Orange County Vulnerability Audits department is looking for a research and development team member with programming or scripting experience and a strong interest in computer security. Working with the rest of the Audits team, you will create advanced security checks for a wide variety of vulnerable hardware and software products. Additionally, you will become a core member of the team and assist with the improvement and streamlining of internal infrastructure critical to the success of the department. In this role, you will:
- Develop vulnerability detection: Create detection checks for security vulnerabilities using a variety of protocols (SSH, NetBIOS, TCP/IP, etc.) across a multitude of environments (Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mobile, etc.)
- Craft vulnerability summaries: Analyze security advisories from a large number of vendors and write concise vulnerability summaries so our customers can keep everything in context.
- Research breaking vulnerabilities: Research and maintain ongoing awareness of security vulnerabilities (including zero-day vulnerabilities) by following multiple security news sources.
- Review and refine: Test new and existing security checks for accuracy against our large QA test environment.
- Customer satisfaction: Make an impact directly on our customers by helping to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve Audit department support tickets.
What is Required?
- Pattern matching using complex regular expressions (regex) or similar.
- Common network protocol knowledge (HTTP, SSH, FTP, etc.).
- Operating systems basics, knowledge of Windows, UNIX/Linux, and Mac OS X command line environments, file structure, and architecture.
- Knowledge of XML.
- Attention to detail and the ability to skillfully decipher security bulletins from a wide variety of vendors.
- Tenacity to research complex security issues and create effective auditing strategies.
- General programming experience in languages such as C#/.NET, C, Python, Ruby.
- Scripting experience in languages such as VBScript, JScript, Python, Perl or Bash for automating routine tasks and streamlining efficiency.
- General knowledge and interest of security topics.
- VMWare virtualization experience with ESXi, VMWare Workstation, or similar.
- Team player with a desire to produce work that exceeds expectations.
Who are You?
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You ask “how we can, not why we can’t”.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the team at all times.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
Why Join our BeyondTrust Orange County Team?
- BeyondTrust was founded upon a strong hacker culture that believed freedom and creativity were the best approach to build truly industry-changing products. To this day, that same spirit drives the focus and innovation of our development team.
- This is not your typical corporate office with red Swingline staplers and burnt coffee in the break room coffee pot. Here, you’ll meet people who are passionate about exploring the malicious corners of the internet, how it works, and how we can do a better job at protecting our clients from it.
- Unlimited free soda, snacks, and coffee.
- Lunchtime Xbox One duels, as well as organized company-wide Battlefield tournaments.
- Casual dress and atmosphere.
- Catered “Lunch and Learn” events hosted by our engineers who are excited to share their latest side projects and ideas with other developers
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.