Upgrade BeyondTrust Hardware
When you upgrade your B Series Appliance from either one physical B Series Appliance to another or between a physical and a RS Virtual Appliance, you must both install the new B Series Appliance and transfer data from the original B Series Appliance.
For full details about SSL certificates and BeyondTrust, please see SSL Certificates and BeyondTrust Remote Support.
- Choose the default certificate you wish to serve to clients.
- On your new B Series Appliance, go to /appliance > Security > Certificates.
- In the Security :: Other Certificates section, locate the entry for your SSL certificate. This usually has an Issued To field containing the fully qualified domain name of your B Series Appliance (e.g., support.example.com).
- Confirm there are no warnings listed for the new certificate.
If there is a warning, please see the knowledge base at www.beyondtrust.com/support.
- Once all warnings are resolved, in the Default column, select the radio button for the certificate you wish to make default.
- Install the new software package.
- On your new B Series Appliance, go to /appliance > Updates.
- Either click Check for Updates or use the Appliance Download Key per the on-screen instructions.
- Click Install This Update. A EULA will need to be signed prior to installation.
- Import your software configuration settings from the old B Series Appliance.
- Log in to your new B Series Appliance's /login interface. The first-time login credentials are admin and password.
- Go to /login > Management > Software .
- In the Restore Settings section, browse to the backup file you downloaded earlier and then click Upload Backup to restore the backup to the new B Series Appliance.
At this point, you can update your DNS server to direct traffic to the IP address of the new B Series Appliance, and you can start testing remote support on your new B Series Appliance. Once you have confirmed that it is functioning properly, you can return the old B Series Appliance, if physical, or delete it, if virtual. To return a physical B Series Appliance, take these steps:
- Log in to the /appliance web interface of the old B Series Appliance.
- Browse to the Status > Basics page, and click Reset Appliance to Factory Defaults.
- Wait for the reset to complete, and then click Shut Down This Appliance.
- Package the B Series Appliance for shipping.
- Affix the BeyondTrust return shipping label to the outside of the box and contact your shipper for a pickup. If you do not have a label for shipment, contact www.beyondtrust.com/support.