Configure BeyondTrust Remote Support for Integration with Zendesk
You must purchase this integration separately for both your Remote Support software and your Zendesk solution. For more information, contact BeyondTrust's Sales team.
Several configuration changes are necessary on the B Series Appliance to integrate with Zendesk. You must make these changes on each B Series Appliance for which you intend to create a plugin configuration, described in Configure Zendesk for Integration with BeyondTrust Remote Support.
All of the steps in this section take place in the BeyondTrust /login administrative interface. Access your Remote Support interface by going to the hostname of your B Series Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Verify the API Is Enabled
This integration requires the BeyondTrust XML API to be enabled. This feature is used by the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine to communicate with the BeyondTrust APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
Create an OAuth API Account
The Zendesk API account is used from within Zendesk to make Remote Support Command API calls to Remote Support.
- In /login, navigate to Management > API Configuration.
- Click Add.
- Check Enabled.
- Enter a name for the account.
- OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret is used during the OAuth configuration step in Zendesk.
- Under Permissions, check the following:
- Command API: Full Access.
- Reporting API: Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings, and Allow Access to Presentation Session Reports and Recordings.
- Click Save at the top of the page to create the account.
Add an Outbound Event URL
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- In the HTTP Recipients section, click Add and name it Integration or something similar.
- Enter the URL to use:
- If using an appliance ID of default: http://<middleware-host>:<port>/ERSPost. The default port is 8180.
- If using an appliance ID other than default: http://<middleware-host>:<port>/ERSPost?appliance=<appliance-id> where <middleware-host> is the hostname where the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine is installed. The default port is 8180. The <appliance-id> is an arbitrary name, but note the value used, as it is entered later in the plugin configuration. This name accepts only alphanumeric values, periods, and underscores.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following events:
- Support Session End
- Customer Exit Survey is Completed
- Representative Survey is Completed
- Someone Joins a Support Session (Optional)
- Click Save.
- The list of outbound events contains the event just added. The Status column displays a value of OK if communication is working. If communication is not working, the Status column displays an error which you can use to repair communication.
Add a Custom Link
BeyondTrust custom links can be configured to allow representatives to quickly access the Zendesk item that is associated with the session.
BeyondTrust 15.1 and later
- Browse to Rep Console > Custom Links.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for the link, and then set the URL to
support.example.comis the Zendesk instance name. If needed, you can use any of the available macros to customize the link according to your specifications.
- Click Save to save the new link.