Configure BeyondTrust Remote Support
All of the steps in this section take place in the BeyondTrust Remote Support /login administrative interface. To access your Remote Support interface go to the hostname of your Remote Support instance, and type /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Customers can't use Option 1 and Option 2 simultaneously. Customers must choose one or the other, based on their use cases and process.
Option 1: Add Outbound Events
Outbound events are used to notify ServiceNow that a representative has joined a Remote Support Session and a "create record" request can then be sent to ServiceNow.
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Click HTTP Recipient Add and name it ServiceNow Integration or something similar, depending on your ServiceNow instance.
- Set the URL to https://support.example.com/x_bmgr_support_ent_auto_create.do?auto_create=true, where support.example.com is the ServiceNow instance name.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following event: Someone Joins a Support Session.
- At the top of the page click Save.
Option 2: Setup Custom Link
Remote Support Custom Links can be configured to allow representatives to auto-create ServiceNow records from within the Remote Support representative console.
- Browse to Rep Console > Custom Links.
- Click Add to create a new custom link.
- Enter a name for the link, then set the URL to https://support.example.com/nav_to.do?uri=x_bmgr_support_ent_auto_create_link.do?lsid=%SESSION.LSID%%26username=%REP.USERNAME%%26auto_create=true, where support.example.com is the ServiceNow instance name. If needed, you can use any of the available macros to customize the link according to your specifications.
- Click Save to save the new link.
Configure Custom Fields
There are a number of custom fields that are available to use in an auto-create scenario. These fields can be used to populate values when the session starts, then configured in ServiceNow to be mapped to record fields.
- Browse to Configuration > Custom Fields.
- Click Add to create a new Custom Field for each of the following custom field code names:
- snow_task_id (this field may have already been created with the base ServiceNow Enterprise Integration configuration).
- snow_case_id (this field may have already been created with the base ServiceNow Enterprise Integration configuration).
The Code Names must match, but the Display Name is arbitrary.