Configure ServiceNow for Integration with BeyondTrust
Unless otherwise noted, all of the steps in this section take place in the ServiceNow interface. We recommend that you initially use development and/or test instances of ServiceNow should so that the integration can be thoroughly tested before installation in the production instance.
Install Remote Support Integration via App Store
Please see ServiceNow's FAQ regarding app installation via the ServiceNow App Store.
- ServiceNow Store: https://store.servicenow.com
- ServiceNow Store FAQ: https://store.servicenow.com/appStoreAttachments.do?doc_type=store_faq&inline=true
Set Up ServiceNow Integration with Remote Support
Follow these steps in ServiceNow to connect ServiceNow to Remote Support.
- Browse to BeyondTrust CSM Appliances.
- Click New to add a new Remote Support appliance record and enter the following values:
- Name: Must be Default.
- Hostname: Hostname of the Remote Support deployment.
- OAuth Client ID: The OAuth client ID that is used to authenticate to the Remote Support deployment. This is obtained in a previous step, "Create a ServiceNow API Account" on page 1.
- OAuth Client Secret: The OAuth client secret that is used to authenticate to the Remote Support deployment. This is obtained in a previous step, "Create a ServiceNow API Account" on page 1.
- Integration Enabled: Check this box to enable the integration.
- Outbound Event Token: The token that is used as an added security measure to confirm outbound events are coming from the Remote Support deployment that is sending the same token. If left blank, this outbound event token process is ignored. If a value is provided, however, the same value must be sent from all outbound events coming from BeyondTrust as a parameter named outbound_event_token.
- Accepted IP Addresses: A comma-separated list of IP addresses from which this integration accepts outbound events.
Assign Users Appropriate Roles
Give the x_bmgr_support_ent.itil role to ITIL users who provide technical support using this integration.
You must elevate the admin's role in order to make the following change.
- Browse to User Administration > Users.
- Select a user.
- Click the Roles tab, and then click the Edit button.
- Add the x_bmgr_support_ent.itil role from the Collection list to the Roles list.
- Click Save.
Case states are used in the Remote Support Integration, (specifically UI Actions like Session Key) to control when the button shows up on case forms.
- Browse to Case and click Open to see a list of open cases.
- Click Case Number to select a case.
- Right-click on the label for the State field or any other field which uses a dropdown or choice list, and click Show Choice List.
- Filter the list by Table=sn_customerservice_case and Element=state.
- Take note of the different sn_customerservice_case choices, specifically the value of cases with a label of Resolved or Closed, and any custom case states for which the Remote Support Session Key button should not appear.
- Go back to the case, right-click on the Session Key button located in the Case title bar, and select Configure > UI Actions.
- In the UI Actions list, click Remote Support Session Key, select the Condition field, and ensure current.state is configured to include the IDs of the case states for which the session key button should not appear.
The following code in the UI Action condition field controls which states the Session Key button displays for. By default, the Session Key button displays for cases whose states are set to New, Open, or Awaiting Info, for example, cases with states set to 1, 10, or 18 respectively.
x_bmgr_crm.BomgarUtil.showSessionKeyOnCaseForm('Default', current.getUniqueValue(), [1,10,18])
For example, if you had a custom state of 27, which represented a Pending Case, and you wanted the Session Key button to also display for that state, you would modify the code above to the following:
x_bmgr_crm.BomgarUtil.showSessionKeyOnCaseForm('Default', current.getUniqueValue(), [1,10,18,27])
Configure Chat Now Form in Service Portal
- Browse to Service Portal and click Service Portal Configuration to open the configuration landing page.
- Click Designer to launch the Service Portal Designer.
- Scroll down the list of pages and click the Service Portal index page (or whichever page is marked with the home icon).
- In the Widgets menu on the left, find the Bomgar Chat widget. Drag it onto the page, and place it where you'd like it to display.
ServiceNow MID Server Option
It is possible to avoid direct connection between ServiceNow and Remote Support by using an MID server for internal Remote Support deployments.
For more information on MID servers, please see MID Server.