Configure BeyondTrust Remote Support
All of the steps in this section take place in the Remote Support /login administrative interface. Access your Remote Support interface by going to the hostname of your Remote Support instance followed by /login (https://support.example.com/login, for example).
Verify that the API is Enabled
The Remote Support and ServiceNow Integration requires the Remote Support XML API to be enabled. This feature is used from within ServiceNow to communicate with the Remote Support APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that the Enable XML API box is checked.
Create a ServiceNow OAuth API Account
The ServiceNow API account is used from within ServiceNow to make Remote Support Command API calls.
- Go to /login > Management > API Configuration.
- Click Add to create a new API account and name it ServiceNow or something similar.
- Under Reporting API, check all options.
- Under Reporting API, check:
- Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings.
- Allow Access to Presentation Session Reports and Recordings.
- The OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret are used during the OAuth configuration step in ServiceNow. Make note of these and store them in a secure location.
- Click Save.
Add Outbound Events
Outbound events are used to notify ServiceNow that a Remote Support Session has finished and is ready to be imported into ServiceNow.
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Click Add and name the new HTTP recipient ServiceNow Integration or something similar, depending on your ServiceNow instance.
- Set the URL to https://support.example.com/api/x_bmgr_crm/outbound_event/session_end, where support.example.com is the ServiceNow instance name.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the Support Session End box.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
Set up the Custom Link
Remote Support custom links can be configured to allow representatives to quickly access the ServiceNow Case that is associated with the session.
- Browse to Rep Console > Custom Links.
- Click Add to create a new custom link.
- Enter a name for the link, and then set the URL to https://support.example.com/nav_to.do?uri=sn_customerservice_case.do?sys_id=%SESSION.CUSTOM.SNOW_CASE_ID%, where support.example.com is the ServiceNow instance name. If needed, you can use any of the available macros to customize the link according to your specifications.
If the customer is using External Key to store the case sys_id, then use the macro %SESSION.CUSTOM.EXTERNAL_KEY% instead.
- Click Save to save the new link.
Create Custom Fields
BeyondTrust custom fields are used to map ServiceNow Tasks (tasks, change requests, problem records, and service catalog requests), call records, and configuration items to BeyondTrust sessions.
- Browse to Configuration > Custom Fields.
- Click Add to create a new custom field.
- Enter the following values:
- Display Name: ServiceNow Case ID
- Code Name: snow_case_id
- Show in Rep Console: checked
- Click Save to save the new field.