Test the Setup of the Remote Support and ServiceNow Integration
Test Session Key Generation
The following steps take place in ServiceNow and Remote Support and are provided to ensure that the integration is working properly. Troubleshooting suggestions are provided with each step in case of failure.
- Log in to the Remote Support representative console, and then log in to ServiceNow with the same account.
- Open an active case in ServiceNow. Confirm the State field matches one of the values for which the Session Key button should appear, and make sure the button appears as expected. Remember that the case must be saved for the button to appear.
- Click the Session Key button. This launches the Remote Support representative console, subsequently opening the Session Key Dialog box.
Test Remote Support Session Import
- Log in to ServiceNow as a customer service agent or an admin. Use the Session Key button as described above to start a Remote Support session.
- End the session from the representative console.
- Refresh the ServiceNow case from which the session key was generated, scroll to work notes section of the form, and check that an entry for the completed session is shown. Basic session details should be shown, as well as any chat dialogue. If not, make sure the following items are true:
- The API User Connection test works correctly as described above.
- There are no Remote Support errors reported for your ServiceNow instance in the Remote Support Outbound Events list. Your Remote Support admin can check this in Remote Support from the /login web interface under Management > Outbound Events.
- The IP address is set up correctly, following the steps below:
- Log in to ServiceNow as an admin.
- Browse to System Logs > Transactions, remove all existing filters, and add a URL filter of /x_bmgr_support_ent_bomgar_post.do.
- Click one of the results and make sure the originating IP address of the transaction is included in the IP Address field of the integration appliance configuration record settings under BeyondTrust CSM > Appliances > Default.