Configure Remote Support for Integration with Password Safe
Minimal configuration is necessary on the BeyondTrust Secure Remote Access Appliance, as follows:
Create an API Service Account - BeyondTrust 16.1 and Earlier
The API user account is used from within the integration to make BeyondTrust Command API calls to BeyondTrust.
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Users.
- Click Create New User and name it Integration or something similar.
- Leave Must Reset Password at Next Login unchecked.
- Set Password Expires On to Never Expires.
- Set Allowed to View Support Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to view support session recordings.
- Set Allowed to View Presentation Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to Use Reporting API and Allowed to Use Command API.
- Scroll to the bottom and save the account.
Create an API Service Account - BeyondTrust 16.2 and Later
- Go to Management > API Configuration and click Add to create a new API account.
- Provide a name for the API account.
- Under Permissions, check Full Access to the Command API.
- For the Reporting API, check Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings and Allow Access to Presentation Session Reports and Recordings.
- Be sure to copy the values for both the OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret for use in a later step.
- Click Save to create the account.