Configure BeyondTrust Remote Support for Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
You must purchase this integration separately from both your Remote Support software and your Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution. For more information, contact BeyondTrust sales.
Several configuration changes are necessary on the Secure Remote Access Appliance to integrate with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. All of the steps in this section take place in the BeyondTrust /login administrative interface. Access your Remote Support interface by going to the hostname of your Secure Remote Access Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Verify the API Is Enabled
This integration requires the BeyondTrust XML API to be enabled. This feature is used by the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine to communicate with the BeyondTrust APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
Create an API Service Account - BeyondTrust 16.1 and Earlier
The API user account is used from within the integration to make BeyondTrust Command API calls to BeyondTrust.
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Users.
- Click Create New User and name it Integration or something similar.
- Leave Must Reset Password at Next Login unchecked.
- Set Password Expires On to Never Expires.
- Set Allowed to View Support Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to view support session recordings.
- Set Allowed to View Presentation Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to Use Reporting API and Allowed to Use Command API.
- Scroll to the bottom and save the account.
Create an API Service Account - BeyondTrust 16.2 and Later
- Go to Management > API Configuration and click Add to create a new API account.
- Provide a name for the API account.
- Under Permissions, check Full Access to the Command API.
- For the Reporting API, check Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings and Allow Access to Presentation Session Reports and Recordings.
- Be sure to copy the values for both the OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret for use in a later step.
- Click Save to create the account.
Add an Outbound Event URL
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- In the HTTP Recipients section, click Add and name it Integration or something similar.
- Enter the URL to use:
- If using an appliance ID of "default":
http://<middleware-host>:<port>/ERSPost. The default port is
- If using an appliance ID other than "default":
<middleware-host> is the hostname where the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine is installed. The default port is
<appliance-id> is an arbitrary name, but note the value used, as it is entered later in the plugin configuration. This name accepts only alphanumeric values, periods, and underscores.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following events:
- Support Session End
- Customer Exit Survey is Completed
- Representative Survey is Completed
- Someone Joins a Support Session (Optional)
- Click Save.
- Now, the list of outbound events should contain the event just added. The Status column displays a value of OK if communication is working. If communication is not working, the Status column displays an error which you can use to repair communication.