Configure BeyondTrust Remote Support for the HEAT Software Integration
You must purchase this integration separately from both your Remote Support software and your HEAT Software solution. For more information, contact BeyondTrust sales.
Several configuration changes are necessary on the Secure Remote Access Appliance to integrate with HEAT Software. You must make these changes on each appliance for which you intend to create a plugin configuration, described in Configure the HEAT Plugin for Integration with BeyondTrust Remote Support.
All of the steps in this section take place in the BeyondTrust /login administrative interface. Access your Remote Support interface by going to the hostname of your Secure Remote Access Appliance followed by /login (e.g., https://support.example.com/login).
Verify the API Is Enabled
This integration requires the BeyondTrust XML API to be enabled. This feature is used by the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine to communicate with the BeyondTrust APIs.
Go to /login > Management > API Configuration and verify that Enable XML API is checked.
Create an API Service Account - BeyondTrust 16.1 and Earlier
The API user account is used from within the integration to make BeyondTrust Command API calls to BeyondTrust.
- Go to /login > Users & Security > Users.
- Click Create New User and name it Integration or something similar.
- Leave Must Reset Password at Next Login unchecked.
- Set Password Expires On to Never Expires.
- Set Allowed to View Support Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to view support session recordings.
- Set Allowed to View Presentation Session Reports to View All Sessions.
- Check Allowed to Use Reporting API and Allowed to Use Command API.
- Scroll to the bottom and save the account.
Create an API Service Account - BeyondTrust 16.2 and Later
- Go to Management > API Configuration and click Add to create a new API account.
- Provide a name for the API account.
- Under Permissions, check Full Access to the Command API.
- For the Reporting API, check Allow Access to Support Session Reports and Recordings and Allow Access to Presentation Session Reports and Recordings.
- Be sure to copy the values for both the OAuth Client ID and OAuth Client Secret for use in a later step.
- Click Save to create the account.
Add an Outbound Event URL
- Go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- In the HTTP Recipients section, click Add and name it Integration or something similar.
- Enter the URL to use:
- If using an appliance ID of "default":
http://<middleware-host>:<port>/ERSPost. The default port is
- If using an appliance ID other than "default":
<middleware-host>is the hostname where the BeyondTrust Middleware Engine is installed. The default port is
<appliance-id>is an arbitrary name, but note the value used, as it is entered later in the plugin configuration. This name accepts only alphanumeric values, periods, and underscores.
- If using an appliance ID of "default":
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the following events:
- Support Session End
- Customer Exit Survey is Completed
- Representative Survey is Completed
- Someone Joins a Support Session (Optional)
- Click Save.
- Now, the list of outbound events should contain the event just added. The Status column displays a value of OK if communication is working. If communication is not working, the Status column displays an error which you can use to repair communication.
Add Custom Fields
Under Configuration > Custom Fields, add two new custom fields. Enter the following values:
|Display Name||Code Name||Show in Rep Console|
Add a Custom Link
BeyondTrust custom links can be configured to allow representatives to quickly access the HEAT item that is associated with the session.
BeyondTrust 15.1 and later
- Browse to Rep Console > Custom Links.
- Click Add.
- Enter a name for the link, and then set the URL to
support.example.comis your BeyondTrust site hostname.
The page referenced in the custom link URL does not yet exist but is created at the end of the section Configure the HEAT Plugin for Integration with BeyondTrust Remote Support.
- Click Save to save the new link.