As an authorized account representative requesting support, you have several responsibilities to ensure the support process goes smoothly:
- Provide Contact: During the initial evaluation or purchase process, the authorized contact is responsible for indicating which individual(s) are the primary technical contacts for all product updates. The technical contact person needs to have solid, relevant network and server administration experience, to have an accurate understanding of the network environment and to have obtained a level of competence with the BeyondTrust software.
- Track BeyondTrust Updates: While BeyondTrust Support does their best to communicate product updates and changes, it is the responsibility of the authorized contact to review the BeyondTrust Support Portal, the BeyondTrust Change Log, and other various marketing materials for any available software updates.
- Follow Backup Procedures: As a BeyondTrust customer, the authorized contact agrees to keep full and current backups of BeyondTrust data, using the tools provided. It is extremely important to perform backups prior to any upgrades or updates.
- Read Documentation: Authorized contacts are responsible for utilizing the latest documentation provided via beyondtrust.com/docs/index.htm#support, the BeyondTrust Support Portal, and/or email for handling and operating the BeyondTrust software.
- Comply with Instructions: When BeyondTrust Support communicates with authorized contacts, it is expected that a commercially reasonable effort has been made to both comprehend the material and execute any instructions provided.
- Report in Detail: Before submitting an incident report, it is expected that any changes made to the Secure Remote Access Appliance and the environment have been documented and a reasonable attempt has been made to reproduce the reported incident, if appropriate. In order to provide an efficient resolution to the incident reported, an accurate and detailed account must be provided about the issue, and all responses to BeyondTrust Support must occur in a timely fashion when additional information is requested.
- Provide Qualified Staff: When participation or access to staff is needed to arrive at a satisfactory resolution, the staff member(s) must be available at times mutually agreed upon. It is the responsibility of the authorized contact that staff members assigned to work with BeyondTrust Support possess the required skills, experience, equipment, and/or administrative access required to assist in resolving the incident.
When failing to fulfill any of the responsibilities, BeyondTrust Support reserves the right to revise the timetable for the delivery of support services. In this event, a notification is sent.
BeyondTrust Support does not provide services that include or result from:
- Uses of or changes to your BeyondTrust hardware or software not explicitly authorized by BeyondTrust or the EULA.
- Network, systems, operation, or other environmental factors not within the direct control of BeyondTrust.
- Failure to install product updates according to the instructions provided.
- Consultative advice and assistance, such as:
- Configuration/reconfiguration of new or existing network equipment.
- Customization of the BeyondTrust product, including the public portals' graphics and layout.
- Programming code or code snippets for use in customizing BeyondTrust public portals or integrations with BeyondTrust.
- Services related to non-BeyondTrust products including any updates required for compatibility with BeyondTrust products.