Log into the Representative Console for iOS
From the login screen, enter your BeyondTrust site hostname, such as support.example.com. Then enter the username and password associated with your BeyondTrust user account. You can choose to have the BeyondTrust representative console remember your login credentials.
If you are using a local account and two-factor authentication has been enabled for it, enter the email code you have received. If you enter the email code incorrectly three consecutive times, you must re-enter your credentials and get a new email code.
Your administrator may require you to be on an unrestricted network to log into the console. This network restriction may apply only the first time you log in or every time.
Alternatively, if you have been invited by another representative to join a session one time only, tap Authenticate Using and select Rep Invite Key.
Enter the rep invite key provided with your invitation and then tap Login.
Authentication Methods for the Remote Support iOS Representative Console
Log into the iOS Representative Console Using Touch ID
Touch ID is the fingerprint identity sensor found in the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s or later
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 3 or later
With this feature, you can unlock your device or authorize other actions on your iPhone or iPad using your fingerprint as a passcode. To learn more about Touch ID and how to enable it for your device, please see About Touch ID security on iPhone and iPad and Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad.
As of BeyondTrust Remote Support 16.1, you can use Touch ID to log into the mobile representative console for iOS. The same fingerprint authentication used to unlock your device can be used to gain entry into your representative console. Follow the steps below to enable Touch ID authentication for your mobile representative console.
- Open the BeyondTrust Mobile Representative Console app.
- Enter your BeyondTrust site hostname, such as support.example.com, along with your credentials.
- Verify that the Remember Me option is enabled.
- Tap Yes on the Touch ID prompt that appears upon login.
- Log out of the representative console.
- Tap the Login with Touch ID option that appears on the login screen.
- Place your finger on the Home button of your device to finish logging into the representative console.
At any time, you can log in using your username and password by tapping Back to Login.
From the Preferences section of the mobile representative console, you can turn off the Touch ID functionality by disabling the Require Touch ID to use stored credentials for this site option.
Log into the iOS Representative Console Using SAML for Mobile
SAML for mobile provides an easy and secure method for authenticating to the mobile iOS representative console. To learn more about SAML single sign-on, please see Security Assertion Markup Language. Follow the steps below to log into the mobile representative console using SAML.
Before attempting to log into the iOS representative console using SAML, verify that a SAML provider has been configured for your /login administrative environment by going to Users & Security > Security Providers. If SAML is not configured in /login, SAML is not available as an authentication method for the iOS rep console. To learn more about integrating SAML single sign-on into your BeyondTrust Remote Support environment, please see Create and Configure the SAML Security Provider.
- Tap the representative console app on your iOS device.
- From the login screen, tap Authenticate Using.
- Select SAML.
- Tap Login. You are then presented with your SAML provider's page.
- On your provider's page, enter your credentials.
- Tap Log In to access the representative console.
If you have a password vault configured on your device, you can tap the key lock icon in the top right to access your password vault and your credentials.
Log into the iOS Representative Console Using a Password Manager
Passwor Managers like 1Password and LastPass are an easy way to keep your passwords safe and confidential. To learn more about the 1Password proprietary extension, please see Security is not just a feature. It's our foundation.. Follow the steps below to use 1Password or other password managers to access the BeyondTrust iOS representative console.
Before using a password manager with the BeyondTrust iOS representative console, make sure you have configured an account with the password manager and that the application is synced with your device.
- Open the representative console app on your iOS device.
- Tap the key lock icon found in the Password field.
If the password manager is not configured on the device, the key lock icon is not be visible.
- From the prompt, tap the password manager you wish to use, and you should be redirected to the password manager's login page.
- If Touch ID is enabled, your device allows your fingerprint to be used for authentication to open the application. If Touch ID is not enabled on your device, you must enter your password for authentication.
- Once logged in, the password manager lists the accounts that can access the BeyondTrust iOS representative console. Tap the account you would like to use to access the representative console.