Configure the BeyondTrust RS Virtual Appliance
Configuration can be done either through the /appliance interface or through the virtual machine console. For the second option, please see Virtual Machine Console Administration.
- From the /appliance interface of your BeyondTrust RS Virtual Appliance, log in using admin as the username and password as the default password. You will be prompted to change your password the first time you log in.
- Next, go to Networking > IP Configuration.
- Under the NIC Configuration section, click Add New IP.
- Enter the static IP address and subnet mask for your BeyondTrust Appliance B Series. You can decide if this IP address will allow session traffic, web traffic, or both. Then click Save Changes.
- Under the Global Network Configuration section, set your default gateway. Configuring DNS servers is not required but is highly recommended. After entering the required information, click Save Changes.
Valid DNS settings are required for failover and automatic updates to function properly. To help determine the appropriate IP and DNS configuration for your network, please see
The BeyondTrust Appliance B Series in the Network.
- Go to Status > Health to verify that the needs of the RS Virtual Appliance are being met.
For more information on configuring your network, please see the BeyondTrust Appliance B Series Web Interface.
https://169.254.1.1/appliance/login.ns: B Series Appliance Administration
https://support.example.com/login: User Administration
https://support.example.com: Public Support Site