BeyondTrust Network Security Scanner 6.6.2 Release Notes
June 18, 2019
- This release is available by download from the BeyondTrust Client Portal (https://www.beyondtrust.com/support/) and using the BeyondTrust Auto-Updater.
- The MD5 signature is: 337f8fcb7ef0f00e456e9cccee200fa1
- The SHA-1 signature is: 4992f2ecda5e11686a8b2bc6cf95881f8ff21e7c
New Features and Enhancements:
- Support for rpm-based software package checking in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Resolved an issue where Microsoft SQL Server database instances failed to display in the management console.
- Resolved an issue where scans created using the PowerShell interface failed to discover certain targets.
- Resolved an issue with false negatives in audit 69453 ("Account password reverse of account - Linux").
- Resolved an issue where group enumeration failed when using getent.
- Resolved an issue with the custom audits scan results displaying incorrectly if the corresponding category was invalid.
- Debugged log errors related to audits of type CHECK_FILE_VER_MULTI.
- VMware offline scanning is supported only for virtual machines with Windows installed as the guest operating system.
- For Vulnerability Management (formerly Retina) 651 and UVM embedded scanners, database scanning works only for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases. MySQL database scanning is not supported.
- Authentication requirements for custom audits are not properly defined.
- After the Retina Engine service has stopped, the raw packet driver continues to run.
- When using the Retina Local Scan Service option, SCAP scan jobs running against Red Hat targets could take several minutes to enter a paused or scan-restricted state.
- Features that use the Microsoft .NET framework - including SCAP support, the audit modification and customization dialogs, PowerShell integration, reporting, and the guided user interface - require Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 or higher.
- Network Security Scanner 6.4.0 and higher install the Microsoft Universal C runtime.
- Network Security Scanner 6.4.0 and higher install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 runtimes.
- Network Security Scanner 6.0.1 and higher install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 runtimes.
- To scan offline VMware virtual machines without having to power them on prior to scanning, you must have BeyondInsight installed.
- VMware offline scanning requires VMware's Virtual Disk Development Kit (VDDK).
- Scanning of MySQL databases depends upon the prior installation of an ODBC driver; Connector/ODBC 5.1 or higher is recommended.
- Database scanning will yield the best results with the most powerful users; for MySQL, this will be the 'root' user; for Oracle, it will be the 'sys' user acting 'AS SYSDBA'.
- Scanning of Amazon Web Services instances requires BeyondInsight.