Host Security Scanner for Linux and macOS 1.1.0 Release Notes
July 1, 2019
New Features and Enhancements:
- The macOS client is now delivered as an installer .pkg file.
- The macOS client is now notarized, utilizing advanced platform-specific security features.
- Support has been added for macOS 10.13 and 10.14.
- Support has been dropped for macOS 10.11, which is no longer supported by the manufacturer.
- Support has been added for Amazon Linux AMI, Amazon Linux 2, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Support has been added for scan restriction windows.
- Configurable log, report, and scan retention settings have been implemented.
- Daily log rollover has been added.
- Uninstallation of packages is now more inclusive of contents to be removed.
- Configuration tool has been updated to be able to push new settings to running service.
- This release is available by download from the BeyondTrust Client Portal (https://beyondtrustcorp.service-now.com/csm).
- The DEB bundle MD5 signature is: f96dd8547482198368d6b9560fbc67b4.
- The DEB bundle SHA-1 signature is: d5d723fc698c8bdd28ea0342ea6875120f9b6012.
- The RPM bundle MD5 signature is: b68d74482a38a8b09ee069a156668001.
- The RPM bundle SHA-1 signature is: 77f9a31e060bdefdb16f4cd78a3a633c2dd974fb.
- The macOS MD5 signature is: 3701348e58e79ee63ee7be0e0a402f09.
- The macOS SHA-1 signature is: 2c5cf461cfde359603231ffc8391a39f9065c03e.
- Permissions on installed directories were not limited.
- Alerts data items were not being included in scan results.
- Settings for updates and other communication were not being fully refreshed when configuration was updated while service was running.
- Out of date 'once-only' scans were being run.
- 'Once-only' scans were not being fully cleaned up after running.