BeyondTrust Host Security Scanner 6.7.1 Release Notes
September 17, 2019
- This release is available by download from the BeyondTrust Client Portal (https://www.beyondtrust.com/support/) and using the BeyondTrust Auto-Updater.
- The MD5 signature is: dbd19f37720499e692e7a15b46fce8fd
- The SHA-1 signature is: 9d1d52f48a737997fc8888b49948d246b3b88dd9
New Features and Enhancements:
- Improved error handling and recovery of audit XML files.
- Removed audit dependencies on database enumeration job option.
- Resolved an issue with enumerated processes failing to display in management console.
- Resolved an issue with "Not Vulnerable" audit results sent to management console even when option is disabled.
- Resolved an issue with reports failing to run when associated job file is missing a data source.
- Resolved an issue with Docker images with duplicate image IDs being audited multiple times per target.
- Resolved an issue with false negatives for audits 16410 ("Microsoft OneDrive Detected") and 18084 ("Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration") when scanning a Docker container.
- Resolved an issue with asset reporting failing due to WMI errors that occur when obtaining scan engine information for the management console.
- Resolved an issue with audits that flag against a running Docker container incorrectly failing to flag against its associated image.
- Resolved an issue with audit 74023 ("Microsoft RDP BlueKeep Vulnerability") running against non-RDP ports.
- Resolved an issue with audit 74023 ("Microsoft RDP BlueKeep Vulnerability") resulting in extended scan times in certain error scenarios.
- Resolved an issue with CHECK_QUERY audits not allowing a null OS field.
- Resolved an issue with a scanner exception during hardware enumeration due to a NULL pointer dereference after a COM interface timeout.
- Resolved an issue with a scanner exception when COM call returns a NULL pointer but indicates success.
- All features that use the Microsoft .NET framework, including PowerShell integration and reporting, require Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 or higher.
- Network Security Scanner 6.4.0 and higher install the Microsoft Universal C runtime.
- Network Security Scanner 6.4.0 and higher install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 runtimes.
- Network Security Scanner 6.0.1 and higher install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 runtimes.