UVM Security Management Appliance Image 2019 R1 Release Notes
May 14, 2019
New Appliance Image
- Created new 2016 images for all UVM appliances.
- Created a new BTAdmin account .
- Identified new local policy settings to meet the 2016 CIS benchmarks.
- Created new a hardening process with new local policies and new FIM rules.
- Added ability for Windows Defender to be installed and configured from BeyondTrust Updater as well as receive updates from BeyondTrust Updater.
- Set Windows Event Logs retention policy and archiving.
- Updated protection to be provided by Windows Defender and PowerBroker for Windows.
- Configured PowerBroker for Windows events data from the Notifications page to be sent to BeyondInsight.
- Modified PowerBroker for Windows policies to allow SQL Server service shutdowns.
- Updated PowerBroker for Windows to push updates to the default policy for all UVM appliances.
- Updated the firewall listing and included the list as a part of the hardening process.
- Edited the Windows Firewall configuration to allow inbound port 2383 on UVM’s with SQL Server.
- New appliances will ship with this image starting May 2019.