Windows 8 Compatibility Statement, 2013
August 15, 2013
This Statement of Compatibility is intended to help users understand the official stance of the usage and compatibility of all Bomgar software on the Microsoft Windows® 8 operating system.
WORKING WITH WINDOWS 8
During our testing of Bomgar on Windows 8, several new changes to the Microsoft operating system and its user experience have also modified the Bomgar experience. We are actively looking at ways to evolve and improve the Bomgar experience for this new UI paradigm. Some of the more obvious changes include the following:
- Windows 8 Start Screen
- You can use Bomgar to view and interact with the Windows 8 Start Screen on a remote system
- Annotations will not appear on Windows Store Apps or the Start Screen tiles
- All Bomgar prompts and notifications appear on the standard desktop which may not be visible if a Windows Store App or the Start Screen is currently in focus
- Privacy Screen
- Support representatives who have permission to use the Privacy Screen feature (i.e., disable a customer’s display) will not be able to do so when supporting a remote Windows 8 system.
- Application Sharing
- Application sharing works as expected for the standard desktop and desktop apps, but it does not effectively block out the Start Screen or any Windows Store applications
If you have specific feedback for Bomgar as it pertains to Windows 8, feel free to share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.