Privilege Management for Windows 5.5 SR1 Release Notes
January 7, 2019
- Resolved an issue in which the content control process cache was not being cleared correctly in all circumstances.
- Resolved an issue in which evaluating command line arguments with .ps1 file extensions present would cause DefendpointService.exe to suffer performance issues or crash.
- Resolved an issue in which enabling the Export Address Filter exploit protection mitigation policy could enable hook injection to cause a BSOD when launching a 32-bit process, as well as affect the ability to control the child processes of 64-bit processes.
- Resolved an issue with elevation when installing optional language pack features visible to a standard user on Windows 10.
- This is now possible buy adding COM class elevation for the Windows FOD (Features On Demand) Helper Class.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (required to use Activity Viewer, Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- PowerShell 3.0 (required to use Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (required on the endpoint that will run the Activity Viewer console)
- McAfee Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with switch EPOMODE=1)
The executable version of the client package includes all necessary prerequisites (excluding .NET Framework 4.0) and automatically installs them as necessary. If you use the MSI or ZIP package, you must manually install any necessary prerequisites.
- Privilege Management Console 4.5 or later
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 5.4 (recommended), 5.0+
- Privilege Management Console Adapter 2.1 and 1.4
- McAfee Agent 5.6 (recommended), 5.0+
- McAfee ePO Server 5.10 (recommended), 5.9
- McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS)
- ENS Adaptive Threat Protection (ATP) 10.x with Generic Privilege Escalation Prevention (GPEP) enabled and disabled
- ENS Firewall 10.x
- ENS Threat Prevention 10.x
- ENS Web Control 10.x
- McAfee MOVE Multi-Platform Client
If the version of McAfee MOVE is compatible with the McAfee Agent you are using, then Privilege Management is also compatible. The following McAfee supported versions of the MOVE Multi-Platform Client are compatible with this version of the Privilege Management client. The agentless version of McAfee MOVE is not supported.
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] SVA Manager 184.108.40.206
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] Client 220.127.116.11
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] License Extension 18.104.22.168
- MOVE AV[Multi-Platform] Offload Scan Server 22.214.171.124
Supported Operating Systems:
- l Privilege Management/Application Control Support
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 10 builds Enterprise 2015 LTSB, Enterprise 2016 LTSB, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, 1909
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019