Privilege Management for Windows 23.3 Release Notes
April 20, 2023
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (required to use Activity Viewer, Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (required to use Agent Protection)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 (required to use Multifactor Authentication with an OIDC provider)
- PowerShell 3.0 (required to use Power Rules, PowerShell audit scripts, and PowerShell API)
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 (required on the endpoint that will run the Activity Viewer console)
- Trellix (formerly McAfee) Agent (required if you are installing the Privilege Management client with switch EPOMODE=1)
New Features and Enhancements:
- Added the ability to elevate Windows Centennial apps. These are akin to standard win32 apps which run atop a thin registry/filesystem virtualization layer for easier installation. Note that this does not provide elevation support for mobile Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps.
- Added support for the new security enhancements configuration options available in the Web Policy Editor, which allow some of the Microsoft recommended DLLs to be blocked.
- Added the name of the policy that causes a rule to trigger to events for easier referencing in reporting (PM Cloud only).
- Updated the wording of the toast notifications to be more informative for policy updates.
- Added ACR values for macOS when configuring multi-factor authentication messages.
- Resolved an issue with Edge Chromium processes crashing silently and not closing.
- Resolved an issue with the reference URLs not displaying in the correct language.
- Resolved an issue with MSI rules not applying correctly in some circumstances in which multiple rules were targeting the same file.
- Resolved an issue with elevations not inherited for installers.
- Resolved an issue with delays to working with files on network shares.
- Resolved an issue with on-demand elevation rules not correctly applying to MSI files in some circumstances in which multiple rules were targeting the same file.
- Resolved an issue in which users could see an extra UAC prompt for the WSI.exe application.
- Resolved latency issues when working with files on NAS shares.
- Resolved an issue with PGMessageHostExt.exe when a smart card is one of the options in the message.
- Privilege Management Policy Editor 23.3 (recommended), 21.3+
- Privilege Management ePO Extension 22.7 (recommended), 21.1+
- Privilege Management Console Windows Adapter 23.1 (recommended), 21.6
- BeyondInsight/Password Safe 22.4 (recommended), 7.2
- Trellix Agent 5.7
- Trellix ePO Server 5.10 Update 13
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- LTSB 2015
- LTSB 2016
- LTSC 2019
- Core 2016
- Core 2019
- Core 2022
For more information about compatibility, please see Privilege Management for Windows and Mac: Supported Versions and Operating System Compatibility.