Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac 23.1 Release Notes
February 28, 2023
New Features and Enhancements:
- The PM Cloud policy editor has a toggle to enable biometric authentication for messages on macOS endpoints. This is so customers can have granular control of which messages allow Touch ID and which do not.
- Workstyles and application definitions can be enabled and disabled granularly.
- Improvements to core components to prevent macOS upgrades to hang or stop during the update screen.
- There is a patch to the Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac sudo plugin to counteract a sudoedit vulnerability in macOS that could lead to privilege escalation by editing unauthorized files.
- Added new system preference rules in the QuickStart template because on Ventura some settings weren’t matching and/or triggering authorization messages.
- Resolved an issue in which users were prompted to enter a PIN even after entering a password, when the authentication type in the policy was set to any with sudo commands.
- The audit log functionality now rotates, by default, through a separate newsyslog configuration file.
- Resolved an issue with the authorization message displaying when clicking the TouchID Cancel button.
- Resolved an issue with the Sourcetree application hanging for users with Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac installed.
- Resolved an issue with an installation error that displayed when a standard user tried to install Notion using the Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac Finder extension.
- Resolved an issue with Korean display name not authorizing because the name wasn't recognized.
- Resolved an issue in which time and date format could become misconfigured, which prevented the BeyondInsight adapter from communicating with the server.
- Endpoint Privilege Management Policy Editor 23.1
- Endpoint Privilege Management ePO Extension 22.7
- Endpoint Privilege Management Cloud Adapter 23.1
- BeyondInsight Adapter 23.1
- BeyondInsight 22.4
- McAfee Trellix Agent 5.7
If you have a business requirement to downgrade the Mac client, please first uninstall the currently installed version.
Supported Operating Systems:
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
For more information about compatibility, please see Privilege Management for Windows and Mac: Supported Versions and Operating System Compatibility.