BeyondInsight for Unix and Linux 23.1
July 6, 2023
For installation requirements and considerations, as well as supported platforms, please see Install BeyondInsight for Unix & Linux.
New Features and Enhancements:
PMUL Settings Editor
- Implemented API updates to support returning settings values even when some settings are in an errored state.
- Implemented API endpoint to leverage verifying settings before they are made live in the PB Settings editor.
- Settings can now be filtered by name, description, or errored status.
- Added banner identifying errored settings in the PB Settings editor.
- Edit/save of errored settings is not allowed in Privilege Management for Unix & Linux (PMUL) earlier than version 23.1.
- Settings are pre-verified when saving in PMUL versions 23.1 or later.
- Errored settings must be edited before saving in PMUL versions 23.1 or later.
PMUL Cached Policy and Logs Support
- Added ability to allow caching of policy by clients when installing a PMUL policy server.
- Added ability to enable caching of policy on the client when installing a PMUL policy client.
- PMUL caching config details are shown on Host Details > PMUL screen.
AD Bridge Tenant Join
- Added screen and APIs for AD Bridge Join templates.
- Added software action for AD Bridge > Tenant Join, Tenant Leave, Tenant Update.
- Join templates are used when entering details for a tenant join.
- Tenant join details are shown on Host Details > AD Bridge screen.
- Added notifications for when Azure app secret expiry is imminent.
AD Bridge Local Policy Editor
- Added screen and APIs for AD Bridge local policy editor.
- Credential rules are used to save credential selections for connecting to AD Bridge hosts.
Scheduled Software Actions
- Updated software actions API and screens to support scheduling a task to run in the future, perhaps recurring.
- Added Schedules page to Tasks screen, showing scheduled actions and their status.
- Added APIs to support editing an existing schedule.
- Scheduled tasks can be paused, resumed, and edited.
Session Replay From Unified Search
- Added playback button to results grid to improve visibility of playback availability.
- Added theme selector in user dropdown.
- Added dark theme color set.
- Made numerous minor UX tweaks to improve appearance under any selected theme.
- Loopback addresses are no longer allowed on the SIEM Connections screen.
- Resolved issue in which session tokens remained valid after the user logged out.
- Increased strictness of password validation.
- BIUL service can now be run as non-root user.
- Upgraded Kendo licensing library to remove jsonwebtoken vulnerability.
Style and Appearance
- Increased width of date selector in Audit > Unified Search.
- Corrected alignment of LDAP Domain Selector.
- Corrected behavior of date range picker in narrow window.
- Resolved overflow issue with Users and Groups side cards.
- Improved consistency of trashcans in infinite lists.
- Added text to (deprecated) Install GUI and Install Secure GUI switches in installation templates.
- Corrected guidance text on domain leave.
- Improved confusing language when cancelling out of software actions wizard.
- Corrected spelling of Privilege in one location.
- Made spelling of License consistent.
- Added API to update user enabled/disabled status.
- Resolved issue with domain join for an OU containing a space.
- Resolved issue loading License Management screen.
- Resolved failing call to set PMN configuration.
- Resolved issue with Install License Server option in installation templates.
- Resolved issue with using new Sudo Manager alias during install.
- Resolved paging issue that occurred when filtering grids.
- Resolved issue in which the host was not profiled after domain leave, which resulted in the appearance that the domain was still joined in BIUL.
- Moved Entitlement report to Policy > Role-Based Policy.
- Selected hosts are shown on the software actions wizard Summary page.
- Disabled Audit > Session Replay if no Solr servers are present.
- Updated card text for Audit > Session Replay to indicate that it is specific to Solr.
- Corrected empty row in console audit dropdown.
- Improved rendering of session_replay_data in Audit > Unified Search.
- Upgrade to Golang 1.19 for bug fixes, security upgrades, functional and performance improvements.
- Upgrade to Angular 15 for bug fixes, security upgrades, functional and performance improvements.