PowerBroker for Windows 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
August 17, 2020
New Features and Enhancements:
- Improved security by adding two new certificate verification options for BeyondInsight communication to Settings. These are disabled by default for backwards compatibility reasons, and must be enabled in the policy to require enhanced certificate validation checks.
Management: Validate BeyondInsight Server Certificate
When enabled, the Validate BeyondInsight Server Certificate setting checks that the certificate being used for communication with BeyondInsight was issued from a trusted 3rd party Certificate Authority. The Validate BeyondInsight Server Certificate check should only be enabled if the certificates being used to communicate with BeyondInsight are not self-signed certificates and were been issued by a trusted 3rd party Certificate Authority. This setting is disabled by default.
- Troubleshooting: Skip BeyondInsight Certificate Revocation List Check
When enabled, the Skip BeyondInsight Certificate Revocation List Check setting disables the built-in .NET Framework Certificate Revocation List check of the certificate being used for communication with BeyondInsight. The Certificate Revocation List check may need to be skipped in environments that are sand-boxed or not connected to the internet. This setting is disabled by default.
- Improved the Default Rule Library with updated item level targeting on the CPALaunch collection.
- Resolved a timing issue that caused certain applications to not be excluded correctly.
- Resolved an issue that caused BTService to have a delayed start when legacy data was present in the registry.
- Updated the default BeyondInsight URL used by the Policy Editor to access the BeyondInsight Analytics and Reporting page.
- Resolved a security issue with CPALaunch.
- Improved the error message policyupdate displays if the BTService is stopped.
- PowerBroker for Windows 7.8.5 is compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 May Update 2020 (Build 19041).