Transfer the BeyondTrust PRA-ServiceNow Integration Update Sets
You must purchase this integration separately from both your BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access and Privileged Identity solutions. For more information, contact BeyondTrust sales.
The steps below are typically used after the integration has been imported and configured in a test/development instance of ServiceNow and is being transferred to a production instance. However, they are also applicable to transferring the integration between any ServiceNow instances.
Transfer Update Set
- Follow the steps in the ServiceNow documentation to transfer the BeyondTrust - ServiceNow Integration update set(s) into the destination instance of ServiceNow.
This is typically done by retrieving the update sets from the destination instance or by exporting the update sets from the original instance as XML files. For details, see docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-application-development/page/build/system-update-sets/reference/update-set-transfers.html.
- Follow the same steps to transfer the BeyondTrust - ServiceNow Integration Configuration update set.
Configure Production Outbound Event
- In the BeyondTrust interface, go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Copy the URL of the event for the original ServiceNow instance.
- Click Add New HTTP Recipient.
- In the URL field, paste and replace the name of the original ServiceNow instance with that of the new one such that
/x_bmgr_bomgar_ pam_bomgar_ post.dois preserved at the end. The result should be similar to
https://prod.example.com/x_bmgr_bomgar_ pam_bomgar_ post.doas opposed to
https://dev.example.com/x_bmgr_bomgar_ pam_bomgar_ post.do.
- Scroll to Events to Send and check the Access Session End event.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Add Recipient.
- Locate the outbound event created during testing and click Edit.
- Check the Disabled checkbox and save.
Configure Custom Link
- Browse to Access Console > Custom Links.
- Under Access Console :: Custom Links, update the ServiceNow URL to direct to the destination instance of ServiceNow. Be careful to preserve
/nav_to.do?uri=task.do?sys_id=%EXTERNAL_KEY%at the end.
- Click Save.
- Test the integration setup in its new location following the same steps used to test the original instance. See Test the Setup of the BeyondTrust PRA and ServiceNow Integration.