Transfer the BeyondTrust PRA-ServiceNow Integration Update Sets
You must purchase this integration separately from your BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access solution. For more information, contact BeyondTrust sales.
The steps below are typically used after the integration has been imported and configured in a test/development instance of ServiceNow and is being transferred to a production instance. However, they are also applicable to transferring the integration between any ServiceNow instances.
Transfer Update Set
- Follow the steps in the ServiceNow documentation to transfer the BeyondTrust - ServiceNow Integration update set(s) into the destination instance of ServiceNow.
This is typically done by retrieving the update sets from the destination instance or by exporting the update sets from the original instance as XML files. For details, please see docs.servicenow.com/bundle/jakarta-application-development/page/build/system-update-sets/reference/update-set-transfers.html.
- Follow the same steps to transfer the BeyondTrust - ServiceNow Integration Configuration update set.
Configure Production Outbound Event
- In the BeyondTrust interface, go to /login > Management > Outbound Events.
- Copy the URL of the event for the original ServiceNow instance.
- Click Add.
- In the URL field, paste and replace the name of the original ServiceNow instance with that of the new one such that /x_bmgr_bomgar_ pam_bomgar_ post.do is preserved at the end. The result should be similar to https://prod.example.com/x_bmgr_bomgar_ pam_bomgar_ post.do, as opposed to https://dev.example.com/x_bmgr_bomgar_ pam_bomgar_ post.do.
- Under Events to Send, check Access Session End.
- Click Save.
- Locate the outbound event created during testing and then click Edit.
- Uncheck Enabled and then click Save.
Configure Custom Link
- Go to Access Console > Custom Links.
- Click Edit for the ServiceNow link, and then update the ServiceNow URL to direct to the destination instance of ServiceNow. Be careful to preserve /nav_to.do?uri=task.do?sys_id=%SESSION.CUSTOM.EXTERNAL_KEY% at the end.
- Click Save.
- Test the integration setup in its new location following the same steps used to test the original instance.
For more information on testing the integration, please see Test the Setup of the BeyondTrust PRA and ServiceNow Integration.