Deploy the BeyondTrust PRA Appliance into a Microsoft Azure Environment
For administrators who wish to deploy the BeyondTrust Virtual Appliance into their Microsoft Azure environment, follow the steps below.
You must have a Microsoft Azure account and environment already configured. Also, you must install the Azure PowerShell Module on your machine, which may require a PowerShell upgrade. For more information about installing and configuring the Azure PowerShell Module, please see Install and configure Azure PowerShell.
BeyondTrust does not currently support using managed disks via the deploy script for Remote Support (RS) or Privileged Remote Access (PRA) on Azure.
- Open the email you received from BeyondTrust Technical Support and select the Click Here for your BeyondTrust Virtual Appliance (Azure) for Privileged Remote Access Management link to download the BeyondTrustPAM_azure.exe file.
- Click BeyondTrustPAM_azure.exe within your browser to begin installation.
- If you receive a Security Warning prompt, click Run.
- Choose where you wish the files to be extracted to on your desktop. Click Extract.
- Wait for the files to extract. You can review the Elapsed Time, Remaining Time, and blue progress bar to see how extraction is progressing.
- When extraction is complete, the BeyondTrustPAM_azure.exe, Deploy_AzureBeyondTrustVM.ps1, and Bomgar-br.v.2.vhd files appear in the location you designated during the extraction process. Right-click on the Deploy_AzureBeyondTrustVM.ps1 PowerShell script and click Edit.
- Once the PowerShell script opens, locate STEP 1 and modify the following variables based on the specifics of your Microsoft Azure environment:
- Resource Group Name
- Storage Account Name
- Location (e.g., westus)
- vnet Name
- subnet Name
The vmName does not need to be changed.
- In the Azure console, set the appliance's external IP to Static. Then assign your DNS entry to that external IP.
- Or, apply a DNS name within Azure. Set a CNAME record pointed to that address.
No further network or console configuration is needed for Azure-based appliances. Please continue to Register and Update the Privileged Remote Access Virtual Appliance