SRA Virtual Appliance Installation
This guide is designed to walk you through the initial setup and configuration of your BeyondTrust SRA Virtual Appliance. Should you need any assistance, please log into the Customer Portal to chat with Support.
Prerequisites for VMware, Hyper-V, and Nutanix Deployments
Before beginning the BeyondTrust SRA Virtual Appliance setup, please review the following prerequisites:
- VMware vCenter 6.5+ and virtual hardware versions 13+
- Hyper-V 2012 R2 (standalone or as a role) and Generation 2 hardware only
- Nutanix AHV 20190916.410+
- At least 4GB of memory available
- At least 140GB of storage available
To determine exactly how much available storage you need for your environment, please see the sizing guidelines under the Deployment Instructions for the appropriate product.
- One 32GB partition for the BeyondTrust OS, and at least 100GB available for logs and recordings
- External IP SANs require a 1Gbit or 10Gbit reserved network with a 10K RPM disk or better
- A static IP for your SRA Virtual Appliance
- A private DNS A-record resolving to the static IP of your SRA Virtual Appliance. A public A-record and a public IP are also required if public clients access the B Series Appliance. The DNS A-record is the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your site (access.example.com, for example).
"Public clients" include any client software (browsers, BeyondTrust access consoles, endpoint clients, etc.) that connect from external networks and VPN(s) local to the B Series Appliance's network.
- A valid NTP server that is reachable by the B Series Appliance
- Ensure that the system time between the host ESXi server and the guest BeyondTrust OS are in sync. Variations by only a few seconds can potentially result in performance or connectivity issues.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- For deployment via Microsoft Azure, make sure the following is in place prior to deployment:
- A resource group
- A storage account with a VHDS container
- A VNET and subnet has been configured
- For deployment via PowerShell, make sure the following is in place prior to deployment:
- PowerShell AZ module installed
- PowerShell Hyper-V module installed