Upgrade Privileged Identity
This guide describes how to upgrade Privileged Identity (PI) from a previous installation.
For versions prior to 220.127.116.11, you must upgrade to version 18.104.22.168 before upgrading to the latest version. For version 22.214.171.124 and later, upgrade directly to the latest version.
For details on each release of Privileged Identity, please see the Privileged Identity Release Notes.
Upgrade Preparation and Prerequisites
- Prior to upgrading, be sure to back up the program's database. During the upgrade, structures within the database are updated and may not be compatible with older versions of the product.
- If the program database is running on SQL Server 2005 or older, the database will need to be re-hosted on SQL Server 2012 or newer version prior to upgrading.
- If upgrading from version 4.83.4 or older and you are running the solution on a Windows 2003 Server, you must migrate the installation to a Windows Server 2012 or later operating system. Privileged Identity is not supported on any version of Windows Server prior to Windows Server 2012.
- Versions of the product prior to version 4.83.4 did not use ASP.NET. The ASP.NET IIS role must be installed and enabled prior to upgrading to this version.
- Starting with version 5.5.2 of the product, Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.5.2 is a requirement for the web service, CLR interop (Extension framework), SAML/DUO and some of the propagation types.
- Starting with version 5.5.2 of the product, the web service is a requirement for the web application to function. This also adds new requirements to the host servers.
For more information on prerequisites prior to upgrading, please see Privileged Identity Installation Prerequisites.