Install the Application Launcher and Session Recording Software
- To begin installation, open the SupplementalInstallers sub-folder from the installation directory, %ProgramFiles (x86)\Lieberman\Roulette.
- Copy ERPMRemoteLauncherInstaller.exe to the machine functioning as the transcoder, and launch the installer.
- Click Next on the Welcome page.
- Read and accept the license agreement. Click Next.
- Enter the full SSL-secured URL to the web service. Web Services are installed separately on the web application server. The application launcher web service is installed with the standard ERPMWebService installer package, https://server.example/ERPMWebService/WebLauncherBackEndService.svc.
- Click Test to validate the URL. All certificate issues must be corrected before installation can succeed. If the web page does not appear at all, validate the URL and try again, or install Web Services.
- If no issues or errors are encountered, click Next.
- If session recording WILL NOT be enabled, select to install:
- Application Launcher
For the Application Launch Server host, if session recording WILL BE enabled, select to install:
- Microsoft Expression 4 Encoder SP2
- Session Recorder and File Watcher Service
- Application Launcher
- Select the installation directory. Click Next.
If session recording components are not enabled, clicking Next installs the application launcher software and completes the installation.
- If session recording components are being installed, the next dialog configures the session recording paths.
- The destination directory is where completed video files are placed after being transcoded. If this machine is functioning as the transcoder host as well and the media server is a separate machine, specify the network path to the SessionRecording share on the media server host.
- Click Next.
- On the jump server host, select to run the service identity as either a Specific User, Network Service, or Local System.
- Local System offers the benefit of already having proper access and no password management requirements. If the transcoder is running on a separate system and local system is used, the computer account of the jump server must be granted Modify access to the source directory on the transcoder host.
- Network Service provides fewer rights than local system and offers the benefit of already having proper access and no password management requirements. If the transcoder is running on a separate system and network service is used, the computer account of the jump server must be granted Modify access to the Source directory on the transcoder host. NT Authority\Network Service must also be granted Modify access to the Session Recording directory.
- Specific User offers the path of least privilege but requires configuring NTFS permissions on the Source directory. When the transcoder is on a separate system, running as a specific user is recommended for running the File Watcher service on the jump server.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish to complete the first part of the installation.
If session recording components were not selected during the installation process, the installation ends. If any of the session recording components were selected, a separate installation for the Microsoft Expressions recorder is initiated.
Install Microsoft Expressions Recorder
- Accept the license agreement for the Microsoft Expressions recorder.
- Click Next on the Enter product key page. No product key needs to be entered.
- Choose if you would like to join the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program. Click Next.
- Select to install Expression Encoder 4. Click Install.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- Other tasks are performed that are not not visible in the installer, including:
- A [Domain] Local security group is created called WriteRecordingGroup. If the installation is taking place on a domain controller, the group is created in the Users container. This group may be safely deleted from the jump server if also functioning as the transcoder host.
- The Domain Admins group is added to this WriteRecordingGroup.
- The installer creates and shares the following directory: %inetpub%\wwwroot\SessionRecording as SessionRecording. This directory is used to copy compiled session recordings from the jump server to the transcoder host. This scenario applies if using the FFMPeg video recorder rather than the Expressions recorder. This share directory will be required when configuring the jump server for app launching with session recording. If the transcoder and jump server are the same system, this share can be safely deleted.
- The installer creates and shares the following directory:
%ProgramFiles (x86)%\Lieberman\Roulette\LaunchApp\Transcoders\Sourceas Source. This directory is used by the jump server to copy raw session recording files to the transcoder host. This scenario would apply if using the Expressions 4 recording software. This share directory is required when configuring the jump server for app launching with session recording. If the transcoder and jump server are the same system, this share can be safely deleted.
- Each of the shared directory's share permissions are set to allow full control of the WriteRecordingGroup. Minimum permission required is Change.