Create Messages for a Workstyle
To create a message:
- When editing the policy, using the left tree menu, under the Windows branch, click on Messages, then click Actions > Add.
- Select a message template from either the Use a Message Box template or Use a Notification (balloon) dropdown menus.
Messages can be interactive (the user may be asked to input information before an action occurs). Notifications are descriptive (displaying information about an action that has occurred).
- Customize the message (more advanced message configuration can be performed after the message has been created).
- Click OK.
You may now further refine the message by selecting it and editing the Design and the Text options available beneath each message.
After you change the policy, click Submit and then Save to save the policy. In ePO 5.10 and later, if you have McAfee Approvals workflow enabled, this workflow can be modified to change the Save button to Submit for Review based on user permissions.
When Privilege Management for Windows is configured to elevate the installation of an ActiveX control, a built-in progress dialog box of the installation process appears. You can create and configure this message in the Messages node.
- Click the Messages node and select Actions > ActiveX Message Text.
- Edit the following aspects of the message:
- Title: The title text of the progress dialog box.
- Download Message: The text displayed during the download phase.
- Install Message: The text displayed during the installation phase.
- Cancel Button: The text displayed on the Cancel button.
- Click Finish to save your changes.
The display text can be configured for multiple languages. Privilege Management for Windows detects the regional language of the user, and if ActiveX strings in that language have been configured, the correct translation is displayed.
If language settings for the region of the user have not been configured, then the default language text is displayed. To change the default language, select the desired language and click Set Default.
Message Name and Description
You may edit a message name or description by clicking on either element:
- Select the Message (in either the left or righ pane).
- Click the underlined Message Name or Description. The Message Properties dialog box appears.
- Enter the relevant text and click OK.