Insert Windows Store Applications
The Windows Store application type permits the installation and execution of Windows Store applications on Windows 8 and later to be allowed, so that users are prevented from installing or using unknown or unauthorized applications within the Windows Store.
Privilege Management for Windows can be used only to block Windows Store Applications. When you use Privilege Management for Windows to block a Windows Store Application and assign a Privilege Management for Windows block message to the Application Rule, the native Windows block message overrides the Privilege Management for Windows block message, meaning it is not displayed. Event number 116 is still triggered if you have events set up in the Application Rule.
- Select the Application Group you want to add the application to.
- Right-click and select Insert Application > Windows Store Application.
- You can leave the File or Folder Name blank to match on all applications of this type, type in a specific name or path manually, or click Browse File , Browse Folder, or Template.
- Enter a description, if required. By default, this is the name of the application you're inserting.
You need to configure the
for the application. You can configure:
- Allow child processes will match this application definition
- Force standard user rights on File Open/Save common dialogs
- Click OK. The application is added to the Application Group.