Insert Windows Services
The Windows service type permits individual service operations to be allowed, so that standard users are able to start, stop, and configure services without the need to elevate tools such as the Service Control Manager.
- Select the Application Group you want to add the application to.
- Right-click and select Insert Application > Window Service.
- You can leave the Service Name blank to match on all applications of this type, type in a specific name or path manually, or click Browse Services to browse the services on the local computer.
- Enter a description, if required. By default, this is the name of the application you're inserting.
- You need to configure the matching criteria for the windows services. You can configure:
- File or Folder Name matches
- Command Line matches
- Drive matches
- File Hash (SHA-1 Fingerprint) matches
- Product Name matches
- Publisher matches
- Product Description matches
- Product Version matches
- File Version matches
- Service Name matches
- Service Display Name matches
- Service Actions match
- You need to configure the Advanced Options for the application. You can configure:
- Allow child processes will match this application definition
- Force standard user rights on File Open/Save common dialogs
For more information, please see Advanced Options.
- Click OK. The application is added to the Application Group.