Install the Privilege Management Event Parser
Before starting the Event Parser installation, we recommend that the following accounts be created. The installation steps in subsequent sections of this guide refer to these accounts.
Accounts Required for Installation
|Name||Details||Account Type||Permissions / Rights|
|ERInstaller||Use this account to install the Event Parser||
Windows permission - Local Administrator
Accounts Required for Runtime
Permissions / Rights
Used by the Event Parser service to connect to the BeyondTrust database and write event data
SQL Server permission - Database write access
Windows group member - Event Log Readers
Windows permission - Network access (for remote SQL Server instance)
If you are using a single server, as in Deployment Option 1, then you may want to run the Privilege Management Event Collector service as the SYSTEM account. In this case, you can specify the SYSTEM account as part of the installation.
The SQL Server configuration must have TCP/IP communications enabled to allow the Event Parser Service to submit events to the database.
Event Parser Installation
To install Privilege Management Event Parser, run the installation package with an account that has Installer privileges:
Systems must be 64-bit. Run PrivilegeManagementEventParser_x64.exe
- Run the installation package.
- Click Next to continue. The License Agreement dialog box is displayed.
- After reading the license agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next to continue. The Destination Folder dialog box is displayed.
- To change the default installation directory click Change and select a different installation directory.
- Click Next to continue. The Database Server dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the details of the database server.
- Click Next to continue. The Event Parser Service dialog box appears.
- Select the EventParser account for the Event Parser Service. Click the Browse button to select the account if desired.
This account is added to the Event Log Readers group on the Event Collector server. It is also granted the Log on as a service right on the Event Collector server.
- Click Next to continue. The Ready to Install the Program dialog box is displayed.
- Click Install to complete the installation. The Install Shield Wizard completed dialog box is displayed.