Account Filters in Privilege Management
Account filters specify the users and groups the Workstyle will be applied to.
When a new controlling Workstyle is created, a default account filter will be added to target either Standard users only, or Everyone (including administrators), depending on your selection in the Workstyle Wizard.
To restrict a Workstyle to specific groups or users you can filter on the Account Name, the UID/GID, or both.
- Expand the appropriate Workstyle in the left pane and click Filters.
- Select Actions > Add Account Filter.
- Click the new account filter to open the Add/Edit Accounts page.
- Select Actions > Add Account. You can choose to filter by User or Group.
- For User, you can match on the Account Name, the User ID, or both. In the instance of both, they both must match for the filter to be applied. The Account Name is not case sensitive.
- For Group you can match on the Group Name, the Group ID, or both. In the instance of both, they both must match for the filter to be applied. The Group Name is not case sensitive.
- Click OK to finish configuring the filter.
By default, an account filter will apply if any of the user or group accounts in the list match the user. If you have specified multiple user and group accounts within one account filter, and want to apply the Workstyle only if all entries in the account filter match, then check the box at the top of the screen that says All items below should match.
You can add more than one account filter if you want the user to be a member of more than one group of accounts for the Workstyle to be applied.
If an account filter is added, but no user or group accounts are specified, a warning will be displayed advising No accounts added, and the account filter will be ignored.
If All items below should match is selected, and you have more than one user account listed, the Workstyle will never apply, as the user cannot match two different user accounts.